Forums are back in action! ×

Game designer by day, super hero by night

Guest ApptivGames

Guest ApptivGames

Hey guys! I'm new and super stoked to be a part of this community!

By day I'm the game designer for a mobile startup company called Apptiv Games where we are making mobile fitness games. We combine a fitness tracker with fun mobile games and turn your footsteps and activity into virtual currency to be spent in any of our games. Think going for a jog to get coins for Farmville instead of having to buy them, or to level up your knight for that next boss fight. Anyway, we're pretty excited and should have our first product out in about a month!

By night I'm a super hero. Ok... not really, but that would be cool.

I'm a huge P90X nerd, and have completed P90X and P90X2 mulitple times, and have most recently moved onto the Insanity workout. Which is... insane.

Happy to be here and looking forwards to hanging out with you all!

Guest ApptivGames
Welcome!

Also, I can totally see abuse happening with your currency system. I'd probably throw my phone for a tumble in the dryer (no heat of course) for a few hours and then just buy everything >:)

Just make sure you put it in a padded case first! Yea, we'll have to tweak the way it registers movement to limit abuse. But really, nothing is cheat proofable to a determined nerd. :D

However, if somebody wants to play our games bad enough that they are even willing to figure out a way to cheat in them, I'm cool with that! We just have to design them in such a way so that it's not that awesome to cheat.

My God, you're doing insanity? How is that going for you? I keep seeing ads for it on the TV and I always think "One day I'll be able to do that. ONE DAY."

Lol but not now, I'm working on the Beginner's Workout from NF >>;; ehehe.

Welcome!

(And I'm totally in for your games BTW)

Phantom Adventurer/Monk-in-Training

STR: 2 || DEX: 2 || STA: 1 || CON: 3 || WIS: 4 || CHA: 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's no crying in alien warfare.

Guest ApptivGames
My God, you're doing insanity? How is that going for you? I keep seeing ads for it on the TV and I always think "One day I'll be able to do that. ONE DAY."

Lol but not now, I'm working on the Beginner's Workout from NF >>;; ehehe.

Welcome!

(And I'm totally in for your games BTW)

Insanity is tough, and I don't have the schedule to do it every day. But I do do it 2-3 times a week and I'm seeing real improvement. But it's not for the faint of heart... it certainly gets the blood pumping and sometimes I have to lay down to stop the world from spinning! :D

Glad your in for the games! I can't wait to show you guys what we're making! I'll post some updates on Facebook next chance i get.

Archived