Forums are back in action! ×

Muffin...

Hi i'm from the UK and 36 (eeek! how did that happen?) :-) years old. Have 2 boys, one's just turned 2 and other nearly 5. So it's been 2 years since i popped out a baby so what escuse do i have for this belly and back fat? thing is i've lost the 'babyweight' (am 53 kilos, 5ft5 inches) but have absolutely no muscle! tried a class at the gym and couldn't even finish the class without swapping the 2 kilo weights for 1 kilo!:topsy_turvy: I have been doing paleo 80% for the last 3-4 months, but am addicted to sugar... gotta have cake, daily.. I go to great lengths to make them wheat free though.!. So thing is i seem to be my own worst enemy, i know what i gotta do, but it's 2 steps forward, one step back, all the time... When i've had some success losing weight i then eat badly that day, why?! Anyway my goal is not just to 'lose weight' -tho 3 kilos would be desirable for my small frame - (south asian origin), but to lose the squidgy muffins of fat.

n.b This is a brilliant site, never come across anything like this before. and i have never joined an online community of any sort, i'm not a 'joiner' , or so i thought! :)

Asia

Welcome! :3

I'm just starting out with NF myself but I've been off and on Paleo for a while now; I'm trying to be more dedicated to it.

Since you mentioned that you're Paleo 80% of the time, why not push for that extra 20%? If it seems difficult for you now to let go of the sugary stuff, my friend is trying out this routine where she goes Paleo for 5/7 days of the week, and then she can have whatever she wants on the other 2 days, so she can ease into the diet (She's never done it before). You might try that? Instead of eating cake/sugar EVERY day, give yourself a treat two days out of the week and slowly wean yourself off it!

Phantom Adventurer/Monk-in-Training

STR: 2 || DEX: 2 || STA: 1 || CON: 3 || WIS: 4 || CHA: 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's no crying in alien warfare.

Welcome, Asia! I feel your pain: almost 35y, have two boys (ages 10 & 7), wondering where the backfat came from. But I digress, we will all conquer this together.

I am one of those 'all-or-nothing' folks. I do much better on Paleo cutting out grains and sugars altogether rather than trying to moderate them. At this point, I have had massive diet blowouts after having a 'just this one slice of cake/muffin/cracker' thought. I hope that at some point in the future I'll be able to control occasional indulgences but, for now, it's my kryptonite and I'm better off cutting it out altogether. But lots of other folks can totally be successful with what Seiferre recommends as well, so it's whatever works for you.

Glad to have you as part of the rebellion!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 1 Amazon Adventurer

My Intro |Current Challenge|Battle Log

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated" - Mahatma Gandhi

Thank you seiferre and Ponita, the 5/7 days thing is a good idea, i need to just do it. i have tried cutting out sugar just out of curiosity to see if i was addicted- well i didn't make longer than 24 hours! (and think i might even have dreamt of cake once!) = definately addicted! The odd thing is I don't like 'really sweet' things like store bought cakes, and i can't 'eat it till i'm sick', one slice then i'm done. Just got to have something sweet following a savoury meal (if i skip a meal then i don't need it), and with my cup of tea= habit! even if it's one chocolate (chocolate is a poor substitute for cake, but less carby). I don't find sugar anywhere near as 'fattening' on me than flour and other carbs tho.... wheat flour is the absolute devil for me weight wise, it's instant weight gain, i seem to tolerate sugar better, but there' no doubt it's evil stuff and has gotta go! :)

Hey! Why don't you check out paleo cake recipes? There are tons on the internet. Then you're eating paleo cake! i saw a recipe the other day for paleo brownies. I almost wished I craved sweets!

Good luck with the backfat, and welcome to a non-community community!

Level 3 - Person who doesn't really understand what stats are.  I know, you've explained it...

Archived