Forums are back in action! ×

Box jump progression?

PicklesEBF

Hey guys. I was hoping to start working back towards being able to do box jumps again soon(ish). I was wondering if there is a program out there that has some other exercises (Jump squats, box steps, etc.) to help me ease my way into it. Or, is it generally recommended that I just start with the jumps onto something lower?

Thanks!

PicklesHalf-Ogre Ranger6'3" 220lbsSTR-5 DEX-7 STA-8 CON-7 WIS-6 CHA-3That which does not kill you, only makes you stronger.

I would like to get into box jumps as well, eventually. I have never done a single one in my life, so if you have advice for people in my situation, I'll happily take them. I'm at the beginning of the Angry Birds workout right now.

I've always found box jumps very impressive, as well as a handy skill to have (we forget how useful jumping can be).

I would also like advice about safety. I realise most people probably don't fall and hurt themselves, even though everyone is afraid it's going to happen. But if you're training on your own, what precautions should be taken to avoid injuries?

Why not just do some max hieght jumps (IE not onto a box just in the air) will work generally the same mechanics but save those poor shins for messed up landings. Also if you are having trouble getting onto the lowest box are you doing this from the floor? DeFranco I believe uses a box to start from (so stand on lower box or step land on floor jump onto higher box) which he says gives a better result (higher jump) due to the reaction of the landing

Archived