Forums are back in action! ×

My struggle is over, but i want to help others in their struggles.

When i was 20 i was 230lbs of pure fat, but i held it well. A life of being ridiculed and my desire to cosplay( anime characters, video game characters) motivated me to change that. I read every single book on nutrition, picked my professor's brains, asked experts etc. Within a year i lost 90lbs. No extra skin, stretch marks healed up, but then i was a stick. So i went back at it and within a year i gained 15lbs of muscle and lost 2% body fat. I couldn't stop researching everything i could on fitness and nutrition, this led me to become (currently) a Graduate Student getting my masters in Applied Nutrition. Today, I'm 26 years old, still lifting, 155-160lbs, 10-12% total body fat, With ABS. So to answer your question, I'm struggling getting me fellow geeks to join me, plus i just want to spread the word of nutrition and exercise. Most of them remain ignorant, so I'm basically alone in my pursuits.

Can't spell assassin with out SIN and Twice the A$$!:victorious:

Wow, welcome to the rebellion! You've definitely found the right community!

I'm a fan of the lead by example style of persuasion. Speak their language and show off how much better you feel and they'll come around in the end.

No matter how slow you're going, you're still lapping everyone on the couch.

Hobbit Adventurer
STR - 4 DEX - 3 STA - 4 CON - 5.25 WIS - 5 CHA - 6.5

Wow, congratulations on so many fronts! Very inspiring that you pursued an education in nutrition and work so hard to help others. I have a friend who is a dentist who donates much of his time to do work on prisoners and other folks who are unable to afford it. When asked why, he would say "I have been blessed with opportunities for education, so I feel it is only fair to share what I have learned with others". One of the most generous men I have ever met and I am just giddy that you have a similar philosophy.

Your story is inspiring, looking forward your advice!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 1 Amazon Adventurer

My Intro |Current Challenge|Battle Log

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated" - Mahatma Gandhi

Archived