Forums are back in action! ×

Workouts With a Robot?

Cinnamonbite

I've been working out with an iphone app for 2 months straight. I like working out with a robot because:

1) the whole thing is timed, keeping me from taking long breaks or wandering off

2) it keeps track of my workouts automatically

3) I have a slew of workouts to choose from (although I really only use 3)

4) I can edit some. I could edit all if I paid for the app, but since I only approve of 3 of their workouts (sorry, but swinging your arms around isn't a workout to me. Workouts involve weights and effort), I only need to edit a couple

But, after 2 months, and even though I switch it up with 3 different workouts...sigh. I'm getting a little bored.

The app I'm using is called Skimble. I've looked at Nike but it's reminiscent of the 80s aerobics, lots of kooky dance moves designed to be utterly impossible unless you are the embodiment of grace and light, oh, and in perfect shape to do V sit-ups and box jumps on one leg. I just want to lift iron, none of that other goofy stuff. I'm looking specifically something that is timed. Says things like, "Next up, dumbbell military press." I'm looking on the actual computer here and can't find anything like it. Does anyone have any links to share or an app I missed? Some sort of drag and drop exercise timer thing you know about somewhere?

You can easily create any routine you want. Push the button that says "Routine," then push the button that says "Switch routine," then push the button that says "Create." You can also go on the web site and there are a ton of routines other people have shared, along with a PDF user's manual that shows you how to use the app.

[table=width: 600]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 3 Elf Warrior

STR 9.5|DEX 6|STA 9|CON 7|WIS 8.5|CHA 2

Challenge thread

Twitter

"There is never an absolute answer to everything, except of course that you have to do your squats." - Mark Rippetoe

[/table]

Archived