Forums are back in action! ×

Left or Right Handed?

BarefootDawsy

Which is your dominant hand?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your dominant hand?

• I'm Right-Handed
    • I'm Left-Handed

A lot of ambi people are/were also originally lefties that had it taught out of them at school.

I'm mostly a righty, but I'm left footed and I take a southpaw stance around 80% of the time when I get in a fighting stance. Oh, also left eyed and slightly more accurate pistol shooter with my left hand (though I can't control the recoil as much).

This sounds like me(though I've never tried shooting left-handed) - per my parents I was ambidextrous prior to school, then they stuck the crayon in my right hand in kindergarten - and that was that. For soccer, kickball, etc. I've always been strongly left-footed. It's interesting the extent to which practice and regular use can produce these differences.

Incidentally I write right handed - but I've been told my writing looks more like a lefty's. It can also be pretty close to illegible at times. Another sign that maybe they put the crayon in the wrong hand?

"Restlessness is discontent - and discontent is the first necessity of progress. Show me a thoroughly satisfied man-and I will show you a failure." -Thomas Edison

Archived