Forums are back in action! ×

Unsocial Networking

Hey all!

I seem to be a little late to this party, but all the same I'm looking forward to becoming a bit more community-active. It took a long time for me to bring myself to join, since the last forum I frequented was a proboards site that died out something like 3 years ago. As such, I've been a little wary of joining new groups, since I really enjoyed those folks and was kinda sad to see our little community die. I'm really impressed with everyone here, with everyone's goals and the group's sustainability XD

If anyone here is in/near SW Florida, hit me up!

"He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which"

I WILL travel through space one day. Even if it means hitching a lift with a Vogon constructor fleet.

Haha Thanks! I love Douglas Adams =D

"He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which"

I WILL travel through space one day. Even if it means hitching a lift with a Vogon constructor fleet.

Welcome Noene! What are some of your fitness goals/challenges? I'm fairly new as well, so I hope this forum continues and doesn't peter out. Our rebel leaders are amazing and the folks are full of insight, great advice, and lots of laughs.

Looking forward to hearing your story!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 1 Amazon Adventurer

My Intro |Current Challenge|Battle Log

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated" - Mahatma Gandhi

Thanks ponita <3

Right now, I'm trying to get back into the swing of things... and in my humble opinion, I'm doing pretty well! XD

About a year ago I went from being an avid cyclist to being almost completely sedentary. I had met a bunch of really cool folks at my school, and I didn't want them to think I was being antisocial when I declined hanging out with them to go ride and lift by myself. Unfortunately at the time, it didn't occur to me that I had changed my lifestyle in a VERY negative way (they ate out CONSTANTLY, and now I don't think I can ever have pizza or Chinese food again ><). Eventually after fighting through a month-long bought of pneumonia, I came to the realization that if they had a problem with my workout schedule and didn't want to join me than that was their problem and not mine. It wasn't until after I crashed and burned though, and I gained a lot of weight and lost a lot of self-respect in the process.

I've been back in the saddle for about 2 months now though, and I'm incredibly grateful that I was able to earn back quite a bit of my previous strength in such a short amount of time. I'm trying out some body weight exercises while I wait for classes to start up so that I can go back to using my university's free-for-students gym and get back on track as far as lifting is concerned. I'm also thinking of trying out the Paleo/Primal diet (or at the very least a similar carb restricted diet) but I'm allergic to coconut, and folks seem to rely on it for cooking... Do you know anything about that?

I honestly can't remember the last time I felt so excited and optimistic about life in general, so I know it's gonna be good =)

Also, where do the cool sig badges come from?? From the sounds of things, I'll be joining up with the scouts, but I've been reading through all the back-logged NF blog posts and haven't gotten around to scouring the boards intensively yet. Should I be looking somewhere specific?

Archived