Forums are back in action! ×

Reevaluation

Skytoad

How often do you reevaluate your life? When do you do it? When you had the big promotion and are on top of the world? When your life is in ruins and you are trying to figure out what exactly went wrong? Is there a best time to reevaluate your life? Maybe, but reevaluating needs to be more of a process than an event. This is easier said than done.

For me, reevaluation happens whenever something bad happens. Recently, it was a break up. Negative thoughts flood your mind and before you know it you are consumed with negativity. You sit down thinking to yourself, what could I have done differently? What could I have done better? See, this is exactly my problem. I am taking a reactive approach. If I am thinking this way, I’m sure I’m not alone. I should have viewed my relationship in proactive steps. Good communication and a deep understanding of our feelings could have created a better end result. Proactive steps during the relationship would have created a stronger bond than taking reactive steps after. No, I am not here to talk about the details of my break up. I am simply using it as an example that most people can relate to. Reevaluation should take place in every facet of your life whether it is staying in shape, character development in a video game, or something completely unique to your situation. Just take the time to thing about things.

As humans, we like to get into routines and change can be a very difficult thing for us to deal with. Change can be good though. Today why not take something that is good or bad in your life and just think about it for a few minutes? Is there something you can do to make it better, is it something you need to eliminate, something you need to talk to someone about? Reevaluate your life and your goals to make sure you are on the right path. Reevaluation should be a process that we continually think about, not something that occurs once in a blue moon. Constant thought and effort can lead to smart decisions and it can be a positive step in creating a better life.

Change can be good though. Today why not take something that is good or bad in your life and just think about it for a few minutes? Is there something you can do to make it better, is it something you need to eliminate, something you need to talk to someone about? Reevaluate your life and your goals to make sure you are on the right path. Reevaluation should be a process that we continually think about, not something that occurs once in a blue moon. Constant thought and effort can lead to smart decisions and it can be a positive step in creating a better life.

This. Ouch. Great advice regardless of where you're at in life. I'm sorry that it was a hard break-up that brought you to these realizations, but thank you for the reminder that they apply to those of us stuck in a rut as well. Yes, I do have a lot to talk about with someone else, something I've been putting off for a while now...

Stay strong, my friend.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 1 Amazon Adventurer

My Intro |Current Challenge|Battle Log

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated" - Mahatma Gandhi

I swear, I reevaluate my life on a weekly basis, it seems... usually over drinks with my best friend on a Friday after a long and frustrating week of "hurry up and wait" and Louisiana weather...

I agree with you that this is something too few do, and too many do too late.

Evicious, Khajjit Ranger STR 7 | DEX 13 | STA 3 | CON 6 | WIS 16 | CHA 4

Current 4WC: Evicious: The Unburdening II + Blitz Week!

Fitocracy! I Play To Win!

Keep up the momentum!

Archived