Forums are back in action! ×

Newbie from Italy

Hello!

I am a newbie around here, looking forward to make some friends and get motivated by other, higher level users.

I live in Italy, but in the flat, boring and foggy part, not the nice, sunny areas everybody knows. I work in the video games industry and in my spare time I like to play video games, or good old pen and paper RPGs with my friends.

I am currently running a Dragon Age campaign (the pen and paper RPG is quite simple, but nice) with a group of four players, but in the past I played or game-mastered many different games, my first being Dungeons and Dragons - the one that came in a red box. I'm not sharing my age, but you can probably guess I am not exactly a kid.

I've recently changed my food and exercise habits, for health related reasons, and went from being some kind of video games playing, fries eating blob to a reasonably active, healthy eating person.

It's now time to level up for me and take complete control of my life.

Besides from games, I like to read, draw fantasy and sci-fi inspired stuff and listen to heavy metal music.

I live with my partner and three cats and I am pretty much the only person in my group of friends to be interested in a healthy life style, but I hope to inspire the persons around me to get healthier.

Live long and prosper,

~ Mel ~

Anyways, welcome to NF! Do you have any immediate goals you're trying to set?

Thank you! :)

My most immediate goal is to run 5 km.

I am using the Couch to 5K program to train myself and I am about half way. It sounds like a small goal, but I've never been a good runner, so it would mean a lot to me.

A slightly more long term goal for me is to remove processed food from my diet as much as possible and cook most of my meals. This is more difficult, because I need to figure out how to fit the shopping for ealthy stuff and cooking into my weekly schedule. I commute to work, so three good hours of my day are spent travelling.

~ Mel ~

I SEE A STAR TREK FAN.

/Sorry I get excited when I see those/

Welcome! Those sound like awesome goals. I don't run, but it would still be interesting to watch your progress on Couch to 5k :3.

Phantom Adventurer/Monk-in-Training

STR: 2 || DEX: 2 || STA: 1 || CON: 3 || WIS: 4 || CHA: 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's no crying in alien warfare.

I SEE A STAR TREK FAN.

/Sorry I get excited when I see those/

Welcome! Those sound like awesome goals. I don't run, but it would still be interesting to watch your progress on Couch to 5k :3.

I am big, big fan of the Original series, and I do like everything else. :)

I am still looking around the boards and lurking to see what everybody else is doing, but I am considering logging my activities here - including the C25K runs, so I can share my progress with this community.

~ Mel ~

Archived