Forums are back in action! ×

Ready...set...

I'm 26 years old with the same old sob story as nearly everyone else. Pretty healthy in high school, it all went downhill in college.

In five years I gained 50 pounds and on a 5'0, itty, bitty frame, 20 by itself was too much, let alone adding another 30.

I got pregnant in April of last year and dreaded the weight gain. To my surprise, not only did I not gain weight, I actually lost it. The only thing that changed was that I stopped drinking alcohol. I lost about 20 pounds by 20 weeks, slowly gained and ended the pregnancy about 5 pounds lighter than I started. A week later, I was down 25 from my start weight.

It's been 8 months and I've since gained back 3 pounds and I want them gone, along with another 15, to get me down to 110.

I just started eating primally today and will be starting up the Couch to 5K program on Monday (I'm getting a jogging stroller on Friday so I can take my daughter with me). I'm actually excited about all of these changes, rather than dreading them like I have in the past. :smug:

Welcome! That's great that you actually lost weight while pregnant! I gained 50 lbs with each pregnancy. Came off easy after the first one, the second one was born 7 years ago and I'm still 20lbs over where I'd like to be.

Jogging strollers are fun! I found great deals on Ebay for new ones when my boys were little. Best of luck finding one that suits you.

Stay excited! There are enough styles of working out to find one that gets you looking forward to the next time. Keep us updated and welcome again!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 1 Amazon Adventurer

My Intro |Current Challenge|Battle Log

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated" - Mahatma Gandhi

Primal diet ftw, it's been working for me and I LOVE not worrying too much about calorie counting. It helps that I love steak. But respect to you for having a kid, I'm 24 and the idea scares the heck outta me haha

Geah, Level One

Troll Ranger w/ Scout Bias

--STR:2--DEX:3--STA:2--CON:3--WIS:3--CHA:2--

"I get knocked down, but I get up again, and you're never gonna keep me down!"

--CURRENT CHALLENGE--FITOCRACY FEED--

Archived