Forums are back in action! ×

Many other Aussies here? From a nerdy South Australian...

Hello everyone,

Just wandering around the site at the moment and I'm pretty impressed! :) I've been on a fitness/nutrition journey of sorts the last six months or so, have been doing a lot of reading and trying new things. I've managed to lose almost 20kg (I wasn't massive to start with but I have been unhappy with my weight since I was a teenager) and I'm feeling really motivated at .6kg away from my goal weight (the last five mostly thanks to recently switching to a no wheat/Paleo diet) and wanting to stay this way. I'm about a month away from running in my first race (a 12km fun run) and that scares me a little at the moment, but really looking forward to the Australian summer coming around and getting back into some tennis. Anyway, that's me.

Cheers,

Jenna

Geah, Level One

Troll Ranger w/ Scout Bias

--STR:2--DEX:3--STA:2--CON:3--WIS:3--CHA:2--

"I get knocked down, but I get up again, and you're never gonna keep me down!"

--CURRENT CHALLENGE--FITOCRACY FEED--

there are a few of us here and there around the boards.

Sounds like you've made great progress already, congratulations! And yay for summer :) today is a really nice day here in Sydney

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mist, Level 3 Half-orc Adventurer

STR: 5 | DEX: 3 | STA: 3.5 | CON: 5 | WIS: 8.75 | CHA: 4

Third time's the charm - My current challenge thread

Interested in my progress? - My First Challenge & My Second Challenge

Dreary in Adelaide, unfortunately :( I've gone and bought my summer bikini already (as motivation for toning up more than anything) and I keep staring at it forlornly, dreaming of sunny beaches...

Geah, Level One

Adelaide, its OK!

Is it true what they say about having the most murderous people? or was that just someone else i know from Radelaide pulling my leg.

12km fun run... enjoy that!

"Strength is the cup. The bigger the cup, the more you can put in" - JDanger

Is it true what they say about having the most murderous people?

Ummm...maybe. I went to high school in Kapunda where they had that triple murder last year, so I guess I can't say no too quickly. But hey, we Adelaideans try and sweep that stuff under the rug.

Geah, Level One

Haha, for keeping your apple warm during the winter months. The problem with us being so strung apart is its hard to organise a meetup, we need a higher density of Aussies in here. Must Keep Recruiting.

"Strength is the cup. The bigger the cup, the more you can put in" - JDanger

west coast represent! i also can't wait for summer, im sick of the sun setting at 6 and i miss swimming in the ocean :/

on a side note, im gonna be in adelaide for a week in late september, anything i should definitely see while im over there?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AZSF - lvl 4 assassin

STR - 9 | DEX - 12 | STA - 10.5 | CON - 7 | WIS - 8.5 | CHA - 1

hey, you've added a userpic - so cute! Did you make that apple-sweater yourself?

Haha no I found it in my photos while looking for a random pic that was vaguely to do with health or fitness. I once shared it on facebook with the tagline 'this has got to be the stupidest product ever'. Maybe in summer I'll just have a normal apple?

on a side note, im gonna be in adelaide for a week in late september, anything i should definitely see while im over there?

Nice. I went to WA for the first time last year; didn't see that much of Perth but spent a but of time in Fremantle while the sailing championships were on, though I wish the people I travelled with had been interested in sailing...but there was an epic Mexican restaurant in Freo if memory serves.

In Adelaide...dunno what you're into or how much you want to sightsee - the Barossa Valley (near my hometown of Gawler) is beautiful if you like wine and gourmet food, or the Botanic gardens in the middle of Adelaide are nice for a relaxing day. Pity it's winter, because Glenelg or Semaphore are my fave beach spots. The pandas are generally asleep at the zoo, but we still have an elderly flamingo and a scary as hell cassowary that are worth a look.

Haha, for keeping your apple warm during the winter months. The problem with us being so strung apart is its hard to organise a meetup, we need a higher density of Aussies in here. Must Keep Recruiting.

Yeah, have noticed the same thing already, haven't found another South Aussie yet, and Aus has to be so darned big :(

Geah, Level One

Archived