Forums are back in action! ×

Ready for my next upgrade!

So I just found NF and OMG, I can't stop reading through everything. This nerdy well of knowledge seems to be neverending and it's fantastic! I can relate to so much of it.

I decided to start leveling up a few years ago after my divorce. When I was looking for a new place to live and realized I couldn't even afford a small apartment, it was so depressing. Not only was I not making any money, I didn't even enjoy my job. Something had to change. I decided to go back to school and get an engineering degree. It's something I'd wanted for years but was convinced I'd already chosen my path in life. A very awesome person in my life said "Screw that! Nothing is set in stone."

Here I am now, a 36 year old mother of two, in my second year of Engineering at LSU. I totally conquered my first year with a 3.65. HELL YEAH! My first degree was a BFA in Graphic Design and I graduated with a 2.67, so a 3.65 after a year of Calc and Physics, I hardcore leveled up!

Now that I feel like I'm on a steady track with school, I'm ready to upgrade some more. I am not so worried about fitting in with college kids, I'd just rather not stand out. Well... stand out for the wrong reasons anyway. I really want to get in shape. I want to feel better and have more energy. I also need to start interviewing for jobs soon and I need to boost my confidence a bit.

My initial goal is to lose 20 lbs and be able to run for 5 minutes without stopping. That might seem silly but I've always wanted to be a runner and never really tried.

PurpleNurple has been my gamer name forever, but my friends mostly call me purple.

PurpleNurple has been my gamer name forever, but my friends mostly call me purple.

Same! I always go by Geah online, because on my very first message board when I was fourteen I chose the name greeneggsandham and then abbreviated it. Aren't we creatures of habit haha. Anyway, welcome, I just joined today too :)

Geah, Level One

Troll Ranger w/ Scout Bias

--STR:2--DEX:3--STA:2--CON:3--WIS:3--CHA:2--

"I get knocked down, but I get up again, and you're never gonna keep me down!"

--CURRENT CHALLENGE--FITOCRACY FEED--

Your goal of 5 minutes of running is not silly at all!! I started running in November, and i couldn't even run for a full minute without stopping. I am now continuing my training for the Chicago marathon in October, and I finished my first half marathon at the end of March! The secret is to run as slooow as you need to so that you can have a conversation. It's what I started out with, and I can now run non-stop for over an hour! Baby steps will get you there :)

--I was once told what what hell was: on your last day on this earth, the person you have become will meet the person you COULD have become--

@keix Holy cow, an hour? That's totally awesome. Glad to know it's not weird to struggle with running and it is actually possible. :)

Thanks! And if you had told me last year at this time that I could run even ten minutes without stopping, I'd think you were insane. But for real, the key is to run as slow as you need to-- and your times will naturally improve as you go. If you have any questions, feel free to message me :D

But go be awesome!!

--I was once told what what hell was: on your last day on this earth, the person you have become will meet the person you COULD have become--

Archived