Forums are back in action! ×

Ready Set Go! day 1

Hello all

Found this site a couple of days ago while looking for help in getting in shape. I am thrilled to find a community to help keep me motivated and moving so that for the first time in my life I can be the one who is not just thin, but fit.

I am going to be 36 in a couple of weeks, and am divorced with kids. At 5'2" and 104 lbs I have virtually no muscle/strength, and little endurance. My goal is to gain both, along with improving my lung function (I have asthma but used to be able to chase the kids without getting short of breath, I would like to do so again).

In the past I have always procrastinated, trying to wait until a "good time" to start excercising, or doing a day or so before deciding right then wasn't working. NO MORE. I will get over scheduling problems and make my own fitness a priority in life.

Chrys

Welcome! Asthmatic here too, and while I did "outgrow" it a few years ago (I'm sure it will be back when the years catch up to me), I can sympathize. One thing I can recommend is that the more exercise you do, the better it gets. Make sure to always have an inhaler handy, but the more you improve your cardiovascular system and get your lungs to function at their full capacity, the less troublesome it becomes (Won't fix it, but it does help). Even with athsma though, weight training is often a good solution, because as far as strength training goes you have plenty of time to rest and catch your breath in between lifting weights. However, endurance might be a bigger problem with asthma.

Neutral Good-High Elf Warrior

What we move is far less important than what moves us.

Razor's Three-Fortnight Challenge

Archived