Forums are back in action! ×

Ready to Rock

Current Status: 138lbs, 5'5", 29% bodyfat, can't do a regular pushup.

Goals: don't really care what the scale says, just want to get to 20% bodyfat and do real pushups.

Plan: Using My Fitness Pal to track calories and exercise. Try to stay around 1350 cals, and make sure to eat back my exercise calories. Make sure to get at least 100g of protein in every day. I am currently following the Convict Conditioning program for bodyweight exercises.

If anyone has any input on diet, I'd really appreciate it. I know NerdFitness advocates the Paleo diet, but I'm not ready to make that kind of a sacrifice. I do limit my carbs from grains, and always choose whole grains. But I'm not ready to give up cheese.

[table]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Adventurer Level 1

Str 1 | Dex 2 | Sta 2 | Con 4 | Wis 3 | Cha 1

MFP | Fitocracy | Challenge

[/table]

Good to have you on board, mtaylor! How are you liking the Convict Conditioning program so far?

When I first started tracking my intake, I went to the local library and picked up Food for Fitness by Chris Carmichael. I thought it did a pretty good job of cutting through all the hot air about nutrition without insisting on any one particular diet plan. I finished the book feeling like I could make my own healthy decisions about my diet, and ended up buying my own copy as a general reference. It might not fit everyone's circumstances, but I'd say it's worth at least checking out.

Wood Elf Ranger

LEVEL 1, It don't mean a thing if I don't hear that ding: My Epic Quest

I had to look up Convict Conditioning. Looks interesting. Are you happy with it? I am assuming these are exercises you could do while watching TV, for example?

I like the way you think. Yes, but you could essentially do any type of exercise and watch tv. Problem with tv is that it's a distraction. If you're distracted, you might not have good form. If you don't have good form, you might injure yourself or keep yourself from actually improving.

But yes, you can do one armed handstand pushups while watching Bruce Lee kill bad guys or the Winchesters kill demons.

Neutral Good-High Elf Warrior

What we move is far less important than what moves us.

Razor's Three-Fortnight Challenge

I had to look up Convict Conditioning. Looks interesting. Are you happy with it? I am assuming these are exercises you could do while watching TV, for example?

I like it. I do one exercise each evening, so for example, I did pushups on Monday, squats yesterday, pullups tonight, etc. That way I only have to find about 20 minutes each day to workout. I'm not actually strong enough to be doing much more anyway.

[table]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Adventurer Level 1

Str 1 | Dex 2 | Sta 2 | Con 4 | Wis 3 | Cha 1

MFP | Fitocracy | Challenge

[/table]

Archived