Forums are back in action! ×

I'm taking the w00t today, screw you, scales!

jennageah

Read out on the scales this morning said 65.1kg/143lbs. My goal weight is, was, 65, so I'm taking that as a win. Started at 85kg/187lbs and I'm 177cm/5"10, so I'm pretty over the moon about it, except for some pesky abdominal fat that's still left for me to smash out at the gym. It's taken more than six months and a bit of obsession, but I finally got there!!

Have recently started a Paleo diet, so hoping that sticking to that with regular exercise will help me keep my weight in check without the obsession factor that I think is beginning to drive my boyfriend a little crazy. I should also mention that my job while I'm studying at uni is in management at McDonald's, so nutrition has been an interesting exercise in will power since I have access to free fast food haha. Pat on the back for me, woooooooooooo!

Geah, Level One

Troll Ranger w/ Scout Bias

--STR:2--DEX:3--STA:2--CON:3--WIS:3--CHA:2--

"I get knocked down, but I get up again, and you're never gonna keep me down!"

--CURRENT CHALLENGE--FITOCRACY FEED--

Sounds good Cait, I just got back from setting up a strength focused program at the gym - no more weights machines for me, it's time to face my girly fear of free weights room, engage my core and tell that abdominal fat to go to hell haha

Geah, Level One

Oh man, it's like you're in my brain, but better! =D I really need to go and set up a strength program. I keep saying I want to start lifting heavy, but all I've done so far are little free weight arm exercises with 5 and 10 pounds. I just need to go back and ask for help with a more well-rounded routine. But yup, still have that girly fear, heh.

Caitriona - Gallifreyan Adventurer
Level 1

STR:1 :: DEX:3 :: STA:2 :: CON:2 :: WIS:3 :: CHA:4

I'm with Waltron. If I could get free Arby's or Taco Bell, there's a decent chance I'd be 400 lbs.

Congrats on hitting your goal weight and I admire your willpower.

Goals

1. Long Term: 12% body fat by Dec 31st, 2013
  2. Mid Term: 22% body fat by Feb 6, 2013 (23rd birthday) - Current: 26%
  3. Short Term diet: 64oz of water a day for the first week of January.
  4. Short Term exercise: Increase reps on The Big Four.

Level 1 Dwarf Warrior STR: 4 DEX: 1 STA: 2 CON: 3 WIS: 4 CHA: 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] "A banana before, and a protein shake after are two of the three finest things in life."

Extra woot for losing that while working at McDonalds! I think the fries would be my undoing. Paleo has helped me kick a lot of fat while gaining muscle so I think I could really help to kick the rest of that belly to the curb.

Keep up the great work! :saturn:

No matter how slow you're going, you're still lapping everyone on the couch.

Hobbit Adventurer
STR - 4 DEX - 3 STA - 4 CON - 5.25 WIS - 5 CHA - 6.5

Thanks heaps for the encouragement guys, it means a lot. I was looking through my phone the other night and I found I'd taken two pictures of me in my favourite dress that work well as 'before' and 'after' shots - Thought I'd share:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5350[/ATTACH] ---> with more than 6 months of calorie counting, various exercise and recently a paleo geared diet ---> [ATTACH=CONFIG]5351[/ATTACH]

And I realise I look a lot happier in the first one, but the context is that that was taken on my birthday in January, so of course I'm smiling haha, I got presents that day!

It actually didn't hit me the way my body has changed until I saw the difference in how the same dress fits me now = very happy :)

Jenna

Geah, Level One

Looking at those pics I bet you got alot of "why are you trying to lose weight? your skinny!" comments. Great work on your goals and even more so on your new motivation to go lift some heavy shit properly, not eneough girls in the free weights at any gym.

Thanks! Yeah starting to get a lot of those comments, I think because people expected me to lose the weight and then happily go back to eating McChickens burgers like everyone else instead of continuing to eat salad. I've lost weight and regained it before, but this time I really feel like I learnt something significant.

Geah, Level One

Thanks! Yeah starting to get a lot of those comments, I think because people expected me to lose the weight and then happily go back to eating McChickens burgers like everyone else instead of continuing to eat salad. I've lost weight and regained it before, but this time I really feel like I learnt something significant.

This time you've lost unwanted body fat and are becoming a savage in the gym! :P

Archived