Forums are back in action! ×

Hi! I'm KK and I guess I'll give you some back story :]

I'm 25, work full time, and go to school part time. I was extremely active when I was younger (a few years of ninjutsu and figure skating, as well as dance and competitive gymnastics from the time I could walk until I was 18). I'm currently 5'8" and about 125 lbs, so I'm by no means overweight but I'm not in great shape either.

I've been wanting to get more fit lately but haven't known exactly how to go about it. Gymnastics was really my passion but it's been difficult since I've gotten taller :] I've been trying to find some schools that offer "open gym" though so I can get back into tumbling. Basically, I've been trying to eat better (vaguely paleo, but not super strict) and taken up running.

Reading about lifting has interested me lately. I'd really like to get some upper body strength back since that would be pretty essential for tumbling. I do have to admit that I find it intimidating though and don't want to embarrass myself at the gym haha

Anyway, I've been reading the blog for a while and after surfing the forums a bit it seems like a great community!

[TABLE=width: 445]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Half Elf Assassin

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | STA: 2 | CON: 2 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 4

Epic Quest | Half Challenge

If you don’t become the ocean, you’ll be seasick every day. - Leonard Cohen

[/TABLE]

Hey hey, Welcome to the Rebellion KK! Wow, Ninjutsu!? That's amazing! In terms of getting into shape, it's 80% Diet and 20% exercise, It seems like you're off to a great start, and in terms of the Gym, don't worry about what other people are thinking, You're there only for You! You're not there to impress or put on a show, you're there to improve your own life. Start at your own pace, even if it's really low, Everyone starts at Level 1, so we're all on an even playing field. If you'd like more information about lifting weights, check out the Warriors Guild to find out how exactly you want to build up upper body strength. Other than that, ask questions and Never feel intimidated by us Nerds, we're all in this Together!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

The best way to really get integrated into the community is the 6-week challenge, there's already one going on right now, but you can take the next one. Check out the Rules for this current challenge and prepare yourself for the next one, you can always go on the Chat too.

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

I've been poking my head into some of the challenge threads and they seem like fun. I can't wait for this one to be over so I can join in haha

[TABLE=width: 445]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Half Elf Assassin

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | STA: 2 | CON: 2 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 4

Epic Quest | Half Challenge

If you don’t become the ocean, you’ll be seasick every day. - Leonard Cohen

[/TABLE]

I've been poking my head into some of the challenge threads and they seem like fun. I can't wait for this one to be over so I can join in haha

Ha ha ha! That's great! Love the positive attitude! What did you have in mind for the next challenge, if you don't mind my asking?

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

Archived