Forums are back in action! ×

Resistance Bands (the good kind, like Bodylastics)

Daverin2112

Hey guys, I've been curious for a while now about resistance bands like the Bodylastics kind, where you can get a large amount of resistance and have quality bands. Has anyone ever used them and can give an opinion on them. I really like the idea of the lack of clutter, the constant tension, and the ease of use. I also am thinking of the potential to add them to bodyweight exercises so they can become more like full on resistance training.

And before anyone from the Forge asks, yes I am still hitting the weights! (actually, judging from last night... I already am adapting quite well to DLs. I think they will start to make more sense to me if I amp up the weights a bit. I definitely have seen improvement on my bench press, for all the importance that exercise has.)

Race: Human

Class: Warrior

CAUTION: I am quite prone to random, strange ideas I feel the need to express. You are free to act upon them as you wish. The best option is probably simply ignoring them and just working with what I say that actually has any merit of some kind. Hopefully fair warning.

Could you explain what you mean? As it stands, my understanding is that resistance is resistance, although I understand the difference in static weight verses elastic tension at least means that the band will "weigh" different things at different times. Is that what you mean, or...?

Race: Human

Class: Warrior

CAUTION: I am quite prone to random, strange ideas I feel the need to express. You are free to act upon them as you wish. The best option is probably simply ignoring them and just working with what I say that actually has any merit of some kind. Hopefully fair warning.

Archived