Forums are back in action! ×

New Recruit, Androidia (Replicant Assassin)

Hello, world.

I recently got back into fitness after taking an unintentional break from it. I moved to NYC to go to school, and it was so expensive that I decided to overload my class schedule in order to graduate faster. 8 classes per semester later, I had lost a lot of the fitness I had painstakingly built! It's not totally gone, but my body generally struggles to maintain mass and I am almost 10 lbs lighter now :S

My focus is mainly on building strength and flexibility along with a little bit of cardio. I'm currently finished week 2 of C25k, but trying to increase my speed since the sustained run itself is not challenging yet. So far I've been trying to push harder with each successive interval, and then sprint the last one. Any advice on getting faster is greatly appreciated. Would also love to get back into climbing, and looking for people to go with!

Eating habits are pretty good. Mostly vegetarian, with a little bit of meat here and there when the SO wants it or it is more convenient (ie, when eating out). Generally make my own meals, and use a lot of Asian veggies, rice, and tofu. I love grains!

Right now I'm starting to play League of Legends, drawing, trying to get a job as a fashion designer, and of course working out. I have always wanted to get into parkour, and started training with a friend at one point in the past. I want to build up my basic fitness more first though, so I won't get injured as easily.

See you around :)

You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?"

George Bernard Shaw, "Back to Methuselah" (1921)

Welcome! Great job getting back to it. There is a lot of great info here. I don't know a lot but what I have found may help you out. If you have a decent level of fitness long distance slow work won't be stressfull enough to trigger an adaptation from your body regularly. Higher intensity work although it bridges the endurance/strength endurance metabolic systems WILL yield you gains in VO2. Tabata is a sure way to trigger an adaptive response but is also difficult to recover from. Try the tabata method at a fairly slow speed but your treadmill inclined all the way. Maybe monday and friday with your long distance slow work on wednesday. Each tabata session add a tenth of a mph. You will need to learn to bail on a treadmill. There are

Some videos on youtube. Be careful

and good luck.

The art of life is more like the wrestler's art than the dancer's, in respect of this, that it should stand ready and firm to meet onsets which are sudden and unexpected. -Marcus Aurelius

My Blog --- My Battle Log

Archived