Forums are back in action! ×

Feel good, Look good, Level up!

I've been lurking about for a few weeks now and have finally decided to post.

It took me almost 2 years to loose 20lbs (of the 40 I gained while in gradschool). Then around July 4th I started becoming more diligent about working out and watching what I ate. Since then I have lost 8.5lbs and in the last couple weeks I've noticed some forward momentum in my angry birds routine.

I try to get to yoga and zumba class a couple times a week, but I am really bad at going by myself... and for the past 2 weeks my fiance has been out of state working and I have not made it to any classes. :moody:

But, I really feel like I need to take it to the next level.

I will be getting married on October 27th which has been great motivation and my current goals are:

To break into the 130's. I am at 151 right now, 12lbs is totally doable.

30 push ups

3 min plank

30 dips

...in 2 sets

My knees are wonk from years of dance and martial arts and I need to work on rehabbing them. Any advice on knee friendly bodyweight sets would be appreciated.

I have also managed to make my way into a paleo-ish lifestyle. I say ish because I am slowly transitioning. I have learned to say "no, thank you" and abstain from foods I would usually be all over.

I have started to look forward to saving my cheats for things I really love, because phở, dolsot bibimbap, and curry rice are magical and worth the wait. :smug:

Welcome! Congratulations on your progress so far and your upcoming wedding. The majority of weight loss comes from a good (or at least low calorie, but stick with good) diet. 12 pounds in 3 months is very doable, but you have to start now and you have to stay away from all the really bad stuff (Think of how amazing your wedding cake would taste if you didn't eat anything sweet or sugary until then. Seriously. I probably wouldn't be able to do this, but this is the next best thing to being virgins on your honeymoon.) I can't help you with the bodyweight stuff, but go check out the assassin's guild. They're the BW masters.

And that's Sarah Jane in your avatar right? I don't watch nearly enough Doctor Who as I should.

Neutral Good-High Elf Warrior

What we move is far less important than what moves us.

Razor's Three-Fortnight Challenge

FELLOW WHOVIAN!! Welcome aboard, we're glad to have you!

I try to get to yoga and zumba class a couple times a week, but I am really bad at going by myself...

Get a fitness wingman (wingwoman?)! I mean, who's The Doctor without a companion?

My knees are wonk from years of dance and martial arts and I need to work on rehabbing them. Any advice on knee friendly bodyweight sets would be appreciated.

Some light lunges or squats should help rehab your knees. Start with a few and then build up as you see fit.

Again, great to have you! Look in to the Assassin's Den for some good bodyweight exercise advice.

Conquius, Level 5 Cavalier

STR: 10.5  | DEX: 8  | CON: 12  | INT: 13  | WIS: 9  | CHA: 10.5

"Perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim."

Hey lady it looks like we might have a ton in common, I totally started my NF adventure on July 4th as well! Slowly changing your diet ways could be enough to get you down to where you want to be, exercise will just put the icing on the cake (the sauce on the spaghetti squash?).

I too have wonky knees from years of dance and drum corps, and my physical therapists always taught me that a strong core can do wonders for joint pain. All those muscles that keep your joints in check eventually connect to your core, so if that's strong it gives you a more solid base to work from. If you can rock out all those core workouts, you should be in awesome shape on that front! Don't be afraid of squats either! I used to be so scared about blowing out my knees doing squats, but after proving to myself that it wasn't going to happen as long as I used good form it's been such a key exercise for my workouts.

No matter how slow you're going, you're still lapping everyone on the couch.

Hobbit Adventurer
STR - 4 DEX - 3 STA - 4 CON - 5.25 WIS - 5 CHA - 6.5

Archived