Forums are back in action! ×

adhd effect on fitness and vice versa

bluberry

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone in the rebellion has ADHD and how it has affected their training and if their training has had an effect on their symptoms?

I'm currently going unmedicated. I do have issues doing my workouts consistently but I always feel much more focussed after exercise.

Level 1 Cyborg Adventurer

STR 2|STA 2|CON 2|DEX 2|WIS 5|CHA 2

And above all things, never think that you're not good enough yourself. A man should never think that. My belief is that in life people will take you at your own reckoning.

Isaac Asimov

I've been diagnosed with Adhd.

Affect on training: Just like it has an effect on everything else- get bored easily, program hopping, goal hopping, get caught up in what's the latest "it", lack of consistency

Training on Adhd symptoms: feel a little better, focused at least for a while after the session is done.

when it's part of a structured day it feels great to start the day with it, knowing that I've started it on a positive note.

I have a friend that has ADHD that for him it greatly helps if he has someone there with him during his workout to allow his mind to keep moving but also to keep him remotely focused. I don't know much about it i just know he told me that when he has someone there he doesn't get distracted or bored from his workout as easy.

Reach your limits and then surpass them.

Blindasutsutsu
My Current Challenge:
Class: Ranger
Race: Human
STR:13.5 DEX:8.5 STA: 10.5 CON:6 WIS:5 CHA:6.5

I have to stick to a schedule or I end up blowing off my work out, I even have bring a notebook with me when I go work out so I know what I have to do next (until it becomes routine); I still have issues keeping track of how many laps I do in the pool

but like a few other people have said I find myself more able to focus on things after a good work out

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

Glad to know i'm not the only one who is like this. I have to write down my list of exercises to do and then the amount of reps i managed each set (partly so i know what i've done and still have to do). I often forget what rep i'm upto as my mind drifts off so i go back to the last number i remember. I probably do way more than i think by the time i have done all sets for all exercises. Hehe

And above all things, never think that you're not good enough yourself. A man should never think that. My belief is that in life people will take you at your own reckoning.

Isaac Asimov

Definitely not as severe a case as some (like the above), but yeah, it can hit me as well. I am one of those guys who constantly thinks of changing it up (fortunately, I have willed myself [or more like stubborn a**ed myself, my preferred substitute] to not do it.) And like others, a well performed structured workout gives me some much needed focus.

Race: Human

Class: Warrior

CAUTION: I am quite prone to random, strange ideas I feel the need to express. You are free to act upon them as you wish. The best option is probably simply ignoring them and just working with what I say that actually has any merit of some kind. Hopefully fair warning.

I always end up losing count of my reps. Counting aloud has helped, or at least mumbling to myself lol

Level 3 Timelord Ranger

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

STR: 10 | DEX: 7 | STA: 11.5 | CON: 6.5 | WIS: 5.75 | CHA: 2.25

Challenge

1 2 3

"The thing is, Adam, time travel is like visiting Paris. You can't just read the guide book. You've got to throw yourself in, eat the food, use the wrong verbs, get charged double and end up kissing complete strangers - or is that just me? Stop asking questions. Go and do it!"

"Don't ever judge me by your standards."

I'm having to write down my reps after every set and hope I haven't lost count by the time I write it down. Repeating my final rep count a few times to myself helps as well. I am trying the convict conditioning routines at the moment. Let's hope this last longer than the other workouts I've tried (which is tonnes).

Isaac Asimov

One of my best friends has a strong case of ADHD. We've gone hiking before without medication. You can see the shift happen - he goes from dancing from one idea to the next to... well, less dancing. Fortunately, we don't need to count reps when hiking, or else I imagine things would be a touch more interesting.

Archived