Forums are back in action! ×

An assassin from the land of vikings says hello!

Hello everyone! I've been reading the articles on NF for almost a year, I think, and I've been lurking the forums for a few months. I figured I should register and become a part of this awesome community as well! As the title suggests, I'm from the land of vikings which also goes by the more boring name Sweden.

Alright, introduction time: Turn back time seven years. I was 11 years old, could easily jog 7-8 miles at a decent pace without stopping, I was a vital part of the soccer team I was in, school was going well; all in all life was quite enjoyable. Fastforwarding to now doesn't include a lot of good stuff really; keywords being depression, being bullied, selfharming, eating disorder, etc. No point mentioning details; I'm sure you all get the gist.

But hey, we can't change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand, so it's time to become an awesome person from now on.

I enjoy reading, learning languages, travelling (when possible and affordable), listening to music, gaming, and exercising, amongst other things. (I am a total nerd when it comes to languages)

Deciding on which profession to choose was an easy decision to make; Assassin all the way! It's time for me to live up to the legacy of being a descendant to Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad, you know? But yeah, I really would like to get more serious with parkour. I do actually train capoeira (which is the coolest thing ever, in my opinion) but monk didn't appeal to me as much.

I play a lot of different games but my all time favourite is the Assassin's Creed series. Can't wait for my AC III Collector's Edition to arrive!

Physical stats:

Height: 177 cm (5'9")

Weight: ~81kg (179 lbs)

Character stats:

STR 2

DEX 3

STA 2

CON 2

WIS 4

CHA 2

General goals:

# Measure % body fat and then reduce it (Vague, I know. Won't decide what to aim for until I know my current though)

# Strengthen core and flatten stomach

# Build up stamina through cardiovascular exercise

# Build up a routine

# Rewrite bucketlist and start working on leveling up my life

# Visit a doctor and fix my wrist issues (ASAP!)

# Lose about 11 kg (unless I gain in muscle mass/healthy weight)

Ehhh, I'm not too good with instructions, so that'll be it for now! I look forward to becoming a part of this epic community and I hope I can also become an at least somewhat useful part of it.

Ash nazg durbatulûk

Îα είσαι καλÏτεÏος άνθÏωπος από τον πατέÏα σου

â–²STR 7 | DEX 11 | STA 6 | CON 6 | WIS 9 | CHA 5â–²

Fellow Assassin's Creed fanatic and multilingual nerd! Glad to see that you've chosen a direction that you're excited about.

For a cardio routine, I'd recommend Couch-to-5K, which is simply explained here:

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

For bodyweight routines, Steve's got plenty of great stuff on his blog, the Assassin's Den is likely chocked full of routines and useful information, and there's also my personal favorite, Convict Conditioning, which is entirely bodyweight progression program.

P.S. The Latin scholar/AC fan in me appreciates your signature.

Conquius, Level 5 Cavalier

STR: 10.5  | DEX: 8  | CON: 12  | INT: 13  | WIS: 9  | CHA: 10.5

"Perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim."

Thank you all! I feel very welcomed (it's hard not to). I will definitely check out the Couch-to-5K.

Ash nazg durbatulûk

Welcome to the rebellion! Just curious, what kind of wrist issues are you experiencing? My gf had some pretty serious wrist surgery a few years back so I might be able to to give you some tips through her. Glad to have you aboard!

The body is just a vehicle for the soul...

I wanna build a racecar!

LV. 4 Lycan Assassin STR: STA: 10CON: 8.25  WIS: 5CHA: 4.5   DEX: 3.50

Past Challenges: {1} {2} {3}

I severely sprained my left wrist about 18 months ago when playing soccer, and for about 2 months after that I couldn't use it at all. (I was unable to even hold an empty frying pan...) Now when I use my wrist too much or carry things that are too heavy, or put too much pressure on it; it will hurt a bit and "lock" itself so that I can't use it until I let go of whatever I'm carrying/doing.

I suppose what I should do is go to the doctor, just haven't done it yet. Don't know why I haven't yet to be honest.

Ash nazg durbatulûk

Archived