Forums are back in action! ×

Nerd alert!

Nothing too much to say. I'm 27, around 530 lbs and trying to get into a fitness mindset again. Last year I was 575, so there has been progress overall. Obviously I'm a nerd. I like plenty of video games. That's one of the reasons I joined, but I also like #5 in rules of the rebellion: We understand that fat is NOT the enemy. I've been trying to find a community I can connect with and I think this is it.

Welcome to the Nerd Fitness Rebellion, Breakfast! We're glad to have you on the team.

What are your general fitness goals?

My first long term goal is to get under 300 before 30, after that it would be to get to my ideal weight of 180. Once I get around 250 lbs I would like to be a lot more active and maybe take up a martial art again like I did for four years when I was a teen at 250. In nerd fitness terms, I'd like to be a monk assassin.

Great job on your weight loss so far, Breakfast! What kind of exercise routine/diet have you been following?

When I lost the weight I was on a fairly strict paleo diet from spring 2011 to winter 2011. Lots of eggs, bacon, sweet potato, steak, and heavy cream. I didn't exercise. I didn't have a routine, but I would swim sometimes during the summer.

From winter 2011-now, I haven't been eating strict enough. I still have junk food every so often enough to slow down my weight loss to a near halt. I'm going to be eating paleo with lots of eggs, but I'm taking out heavy cream for now, lowering bacon and potato intake, and eating more greens since I've found delicious ways to cook vegetables.

I'm also going to be exercising a lot more. A routine I've created involves a bunch of body weight exercises I can do, and I'm going to try and do them at least 3x a week.

Archived