Forums are back in action! ×

Need help with a homemade free weight

Daverin2112

So, I am making my own free weight using a large military-grade duffle bag and pea gravel. Thing is, I can of course just fill the gravel straight into the bag, but it would be cool to have some way to better measure out the gravel for switching out exercises. What are some good bags for setting out, say 5, 10 and 25 lbs increments?

Race: Human

Class: Warrior

CAUTION: I am quite prone to random, strange ideas I feel the need to express. You are free to act upon them as you wish. The best option is probably simply ignoring them and just working with what I say that actually has any merit of some kind. Hopefully fair warning.

Well, then that works! Didn't know cheap ziplocs could hold that much...

CAUTION: I am quite prone to random, strange ideas I feel the need to express. You are free to act upon them as you wish. The best option is probably simply ignoring them and just working with what I say that actually has any merit of some kind. Hopefully fair warning.

Here's a decent YouTube how-to video:

And here's a step-by-step .pdf how-to: http://www.rosstraining.com/sandbagconstructionkit.pdf

Lastly, here's a link to a bunch of how-to-make-your-own-exercise-equiptmentz: http://www.rosstraining.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=157

Evicious, Khajjit Ranger STR 7 | DEX 13 | STA 3 | CON 6 | WIS 16 | CHA 4

Current 4WC: Evicious: The Unburdening II + Blitz Week!

Fitocracy! I Play To Win!

Keep up the momentum!

Ziplocks work ok if you double-bag them, squeeze ALL the air out (bounce the bag to make the gravel settle, then squeeze again) and mummify the whole bag with the tape. At least, mine have, although I don't tend to slam them on the ground.

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

My friend and I did single bag duct tape at 10 lbs per bag (and three 5s). Hopefully it will hold up.

Archived