Forums are back in action! ×

Just an introduction.

I've lurked around here for a while, and I figured it about time I joined in.

I've been overweight basically my entire life, and throughout college it basically left me with a body I was uncomfortable in. When I finished my Bachelor's in May 2011, I weighed around 320 lbs. and decided that I had to do something. I lost some weight and fluctuated a great deal, and have in the time since then managed to lose about 35 lbs. While I was trying harder to eat properly, I was getting little support around me, but I have recently relocated and have no one around to hinder my progress. Though I would eventually love to get to a proper body weight for my height, my short term goal is to weigh in at 250 before a friend's wedding in mid-December. I weigh around 285 now, and think that this is a reasonable goal and hope to find out some tips and tricks from around the community.

Look forward to interacting with you all.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Dwarf Adventurer

STR 1|DEX 2|STA 2|CON 2|WIS 4|CHA 4

Lvl 1

Challenge 1

D. Justin Compton

Welcome! First off, good job on the progress so far. Also good on you for moving away from dietary demotivation. What you are eating is the essential component of weight loss. As far as "tips and tricks" go, there really isn't any tip or trick. There's healthier choices for snacks, vegetables and foods that take up more space in your stomach but give less calories, and drinking lots of water. But I can't think of anything radical. 35 lbs. is do-able in 3 months but you have to be very strict about eating about 250-400 cals under your caloric maintenance.

Neutral Good-High Elf Warrior

What we move is far less important than what moves us.

Razor's Three-Fortnight Challenge

DJ Compton, that would be a great name if you were a gangster rapper from the 90's. (I'm sure I'm not the first to tell you, but the temptation was just too great, sorry). Anyway, good luck on your goals, sounds like you have a realistic idea of what you want to accomplish in the next four months. I recommend looking around and finding what works for you, and getting in on the next 6 week challenge that starts in October.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Haha. I've been told that for sure now. My big problem now is the time crunch, I'm a full time teacher and a graduate student. I've read the article about not having enough time not being an excuse and am trying to milk every second from every day, I'm just trying to get enough sleep so I'm not drained every morning, because I couldn't let my students suffer that way.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Dwarf Adventurer

STR 1|DEX 2|STA 2|CON 2|WIS 4|CHA 4

Lvl 1

Challenge 1

D. Justin Compton

Archived