Forums are back in action! ×

Hi,

I'm a 43 year old, father of two kids (6 & 3). As an IT type of guy, I sit in front of a computer pretty much all day, and then again as recreation at night once the kids have sacked out. I go jogging on occasion, and have run a few 5k events (Warrior Dash) but my runs are really slow jogs, and the Warrior Dashes totally kick my ass.

I've oscillated between 20 and 40 lbs over weight for much of my adult life.

I'm 6' even, and about 203 lbs. I want to get down to 175-ish through both diet and exercise.

As a nerd, while I may not go for the 'level up' game over here, I do appreciate the tone and advice I've read thus far.

I've picked up the Rebel fitness guides, and about 5 days ago started a Paleo diet w/ advice from here and some of the links provided. I've briefly tried ditching carbs & sugar before, but never stuck with it, so I'm hoping to make this one last.

One beginner question...

I've looked at the guides a bit, as well as some of the articles posted online. I was thinking of daily alternating between the beginner body weight circuit workout and the Interval running routine, with 1 day a week off.

I went through my first circuit workout last night, and planned to go for the interval run this evening.

Does this seem like a good place to start, or is it advised to go with the Rookie workouts in the Rebel Fitness guides instead?

Thanks for any help/pointers/advice!

-Josh

Archived