Forums are back in action! ×

Reporting for duty!

Hi,

I am a 34 year old male and I am finally ready to get serious about physical fitness. I was always really small for my age, I graduated HS at 6' and 135lbs, but I got a job doing physical work which helped me put on 20 lbs of muscle. A job that I have kept for 15 years. Unfortunately I relied on the workout from the job only, and well as I got older I got used to the work and my metabolism slowed down. So I have decided that enough is enough. I have so many reasons to become more fit: if I suffer a major injury my livelihood is compromised, I want to feel good about myself again, and I want my future children to be fit and active so I might as well live that way now so that I am not a hypocrite.

I am going to focus on lifting, yoga, and some swimming to accomplish my goals. What a weird multi-class...a Warrior/Druid/Scout...maybe I am really just training to be a Ranger, lol.

I lifted today, to try to gauge my starting point. I was able to do 2 sets of 15 push ups and a 3rd set of 8, 2 sets of 5 bench at 85 lbs, and a 3rd set of 5 at 95 lbs.

My goals for the next 6 weeks are to:

Get my bench up to 140lbs

Eliminate sweets form my diet

Get good form on my downward dog (I cannot get my legs straight to save my life right now)

Sit zazen (meditate) 30 mins everyday, no excuses!!!

I will post a character later, probably tomorrow, but my race is an elven minotaur...slight of frame and horribly bullheaded!

Lvl 1 Elven Minotaur Druid
Str: 3 |Dex: 1 |Sta: 4 |Con: 3 |Wis: 2 |Cha: 2

"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty." Capt Malcolm Reynolds

"When you do something, you should burn yourself up completely, like a good bonfire, leaving no trace of yourself", Shunryu Suzuki

"Why do we fall down, Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves up again." Thomas Wayne

My second-ish challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/29825-harness-rebooted/

Thanks, Go Kixxy! I am really excited about this journey!

Lvl 1 Elven Minotaur Druid
Str: 3 |Dex: 1 |Sta: 4 |Con: 3 |Wis: 2 |Cha: 2

"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty." Capt Malcolm Reynolds

"When you do something, you should burn yourself up completely, like a good bonfire, leaving no trace of yourself", Shunryu Suzuki

"Why do we fall down, Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves up again." Thomas Wayne

My second-ish challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/29825-harness-rebooted/

Archived