Forums are back in action! ×

NO I AM NOT PREGNANT! thanks for asking, lady!

Hi there!

I am SoulGinger, and I am not expecting.

Despite this fact, I have been asked when I was due twice in the past month. Once by a little kid, which was kind of cute, and once by a grown woman, which was not.

I AM GOING TO STOP THIS. NOW.

I used to be only a little overweight, but severe depression and new medications have caused me to gain roughly 40lbs. It's time for a lifestyle change, and I was overjoyed when I found this blog! (I searched for ways to physically prep for the zombie apocalypse).

I want to be able to do parkour and play roller derby. I want to survive if/when S*** hits the fan. I don't want to feel like Pam from Archer anymore. So here I am.

My lovely boyfriend is embarking on this journey with me to make it easier (he's probably underweight technically, but healthy living is good for everyone), and I've yet to point out this blog to him, but you bet I will once he's awake! He is difficult to feed; besides being picky, he has an abundance of food allergies, so if there's anyone trying to cut carbs who can't eat nuts, soy or beans/legumes of any kind out there, I'd appreciate some advice

Any other advice on getting started with exercise, diet changes, or staying motivated would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

SoulGinger

Welcome!

I am SoulGinger, and I am not expecting.

Despite this fact, I have been asked when I was due twice in the past month. Once by a little kid, which was kind of cute, and once by a grown woman, which was not.

I AM GOING TO STOP THIS. NOW.

Being a male I was never asked if I was expecting, but I experienced similar comments that really struck a cord with me. Consider it a good thing though, since it got you looking to change. If you're serious about making a healthy lifestyle change, you're certainly in the right place.

I searched for ways to physically prep for the zombie apocalypse

Something we all should be ready for!

My lovely boyfriend is embarking on this journey with me to make it easier (he's probably underweight technically, but healthy living is good for everyone), and I've yet to point out this blog to him, but you bet I will once he's awake! He is difficult to feed; besides being picky, he has an abundance of food allergies, so if there's anyone trying to cut carbs who can't eat nuts, soy or beans/legumes of any kind out there, I'd appreciate some advice

Paleo, minus the nuts, would be about perfect since it cuts out carbs, soy, and beans/legumes. This is assuming he isn't completely averse to vegetables. ;) You may want to look into it.

Thanks for the support, guys! Athena, I plan on taking pictures as soon as I have a camera readily available, mine just broke recently :distress: but the help with nut-free food would be wonderful! Most recipes I look at like to use almonds and soy to replace things like flour and milk- and of course, both of those would probably send him into anaphylaxis. :disgust: So any guidance there would be much appreciated.

BeigeTurtle: I would like to lose at least 20 lbs by my birthday (New Year's Eve), and 50lbs overall, which would probably take me until around Easter. I'd like to work out twice a week regularly and eventually three times, and I'd like to strengthen my thighs and abs the most. I also need to gain cardiac endurance- I pretty much need to be able to jump fences (on horseback) for at least ten minutes straight without dying.

Archived