Forums are back in action! ×

Long time reader just registering as a rebel

Hey all,

I'm a fairly active 24 year old Scotsman who really needs some commitment. I have had varying levels of activity over the last few years and decided to join up to make myself a bit more consistent.

I've done a fair few things - rugby, aikido, field hockey, a bit of parkour and shinty (a scottish sport - think ice hockey meets golf without any padding). Only the hockey have I kept up, the rest falling by the side due to "not having time". Shinty training was very intense, as it requires a large amount of strength and stamina, as well as good sprinting ability. Since I gave that up (legitimately, that one) I have had spurts of great dedication to workouts, but have had periods of 2-3 weeks without doing anything other than a hockey match.

So I signed up in order to make sure those gaps don't crop up again.

I have been working out with bodyweight and freeweights consistantly every other day for 4 weeks so far. I'm determined to make every hockey training session this season, and have found a couple of martial arts clubs that are nearby for nights that my wife has her hockey training (and therefore the car!). I'll be going along next week as soon as I make the decision between wing chun and taekwondo.

Cheers for reading!

Welcome to the party, Mr. Stencil!

"Enthusiasm is the great hill-climber." - Elbert Hubbard
Human Adventurer

I want to be fit and healthy so I can explore and enjoy all the beauty the outdoor world has to offer, in all kinds of weather, all the days of my life.

2024 Battle Log2023 Battle Log2022 Battle Log2021 Battle Log2020 Battle Log2019 Battle Log2018 Battle Log2017 Battle Log2016 Battle Log

Archived