Forums are back in action! ×

It's about time!

Hey everybody!

I just joined the Nerd Fitness Rebellion after reading steadily for two weeks. I am working on the Beginner Body Circuit, and am doing running on my off days (no matter how much Steve hates it!) After two weeks, I've moved up from the warm up + 1 circuit to warm up + 2 circuits. Even though it's just one step up, honestly, I feel great!

A little back story about me:

I'm 23, 6'1" and 160lbs. I have been swaying between 150 and 160 since I was 16 years old. Talk about bean pole thin! I've never been able to gain weight. Even when I partied constantly, ate out every single day, and munched out till my stomach hurt, I never gained any weight :concern: . Some would consider this lucky, but I'm just so sick of being skin and bones. (According to a doctor, multiple websites, and some general knowledge I should be between 170 and 190 to be healthy. 180 being my goal, but a FIT 180 of course!!)

I quit smoking 9 weeks ago, and still going strong (I hate it now!) I've dramatically decreased my drinking, and have found that my general attitude has increased dramatically. At first I was just stretching every morning, then I moved up to push-ups and that silly 8 minute Ab video on youtube, like a n00b. Finding Nerd Fitness was definitely a god send (I love planks)! I have been trying to find the motivation and positive starting environment since I began. The positive spirit and sense of community here is exactly what I need to push me to be the best me.

Since joining the Rebellion, and reading all the back articles and Steve's great advice, I have dramatically turned around my daily life. Previously struggling with constant bouts of depression, apathy and general sense of mediocrity, I have decided I've had enough! I want to live a life that's worth living, and I have NF to thank for that inspiration! (Also, as a side note, just found out that I received a promotion at work, that I decided to go for on a whim, after reading Steve's articles and deciding I wanted to try something that I was scared of!)

I hope I haven't put you all to sleep, but I'm just so happy to have found this site. I have even set some goals for myself, and with constantly upgrading my body weight circuits, I really want to run a 5k race in two months. Currently running about 2k every other day, I definitely think it's achievable. Even the prospect of accomplishing something (haven't been able to claim that many times before) drives me constantly! Looks like I fit into the Ranger category, but I've also been practicing yoga, and really want to start a martial arts/mma class of some sort. If I run the 5k, I definitely think I'll ding lvl 2 and receive a Y membership as reward!

Feel free to drop me a message, or advice, or your story! I'm just excited to be part of something :)

[TABLE=width: 500, align: left]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Emediation

STR 2|DEX 4|STA 3|CON 3|WIS 2|CHA 1

Level 1

Slenderman Ranger

[/TABLE]

Archived