Forums are back in action! ×

Finding Myself

Hiya everybody! :D

I'm a student at SPARTAAAA!!! (Hint: Match the mascot!). I'm from the SF Bay Area and I've never really been proud of my body. As a man it feels odd to say that, but my abs (which I DO have) are on the shy side of town. I've always wanted to be strong and buff. Not bodybuilder buff, ew. But something like Georges St-Pierre, my only favorite athlete (if MMA counts as a sport, and see his physique here). I've had spurts of dedication to working out, but those always came and went without any real results.

No more.

I found NF through the article on parkour training. I started doing the workout listed there, but soon I became intrigued by the Paleo Diet and body weight exercises. Since then, I've been trying as hard as I can (this is college dining hall food we're talking about here) to eat Paleo and to workout with either my body weight or with free weights. I'm seeing some small results after just a week of really sticking to a workout/Paleo routine. If I can keep this up, I might finally coax my abs out of hiding.

Thanks, Steve, for making this wonderful resource for anyone looking to get fit and level up their lives!

thewolflord

"As irrigators guide water to their fields, as archers aim arrows, as carpenters carve wood, the wise shape their lives." - Buddha

Cheers! I stumbled upon this site through a parkour article too. Good luck with going paleo, I know it can be tough with a dining hall but it is possible. Glad to have you in our ranks!

The body is just a vehicle for the soul...

I wanna build a racecar!

LV. 4 Lycan Assassin STR: STA: 10CON: 8.25  WIS: 5CHA: 4.5   DEX: 3.50

Past Challenges: {1} {2} {3}

Archived