Forums are back in action! ×

Making small changes for big results!

Hi there -

I'm a two time marathoner who cannot break a ten minute mile. I'm tall and fairly trim, but never felt very strong and have noticed going into my third decade, it's not as easy to eat whatever I want and stay the same size. So after lurking for about a week and deciding to do something instead of just reading and lurking. I did my first interval run and my first bodyweight session this week and have been incorporating more Paleo ideas into my diet. The change in my energy is insane. Here's I thought a giant bowl of oatmeal with brown sugar was a great start for the day! Increasing my veggies and protein and reducing my carbs and dairy is rocking my world! I'm making some small changes and looking forward to the next 6 week challenge.

Half-Elf Scout

STR: 1 DEX: 2 STA: 3 CON: 4 WIS: 2 CHA: 3

I'm thinking Assassins. I've been training more as a Scout and that hasn't gotten me where I want to be. Going through the beginner's bodyweight routine, I could only do 1.5 rounds and needed some lunge and squat assistance, so that's what I want to work on. Hard to believe my legs can get me 26 miles but can't do real squats! Definitely eye opening.

Half-Elf Scout

STR: 1 DEX: 2 STA: 3 CON: 4 WIS: 2 CHA: 3

Hi AKGirl, and welcome! First, congrats on running marathons -that's great! Someday I'd like to accomplish that. I do think strength training will help your running quite a bit. I've only been exercising regularly for a few weeks, including strength training, and it's already helped my running (I only do about 4 miles at a time, I'm nowhere near your level!). I've noticed that strength training also helps me recover faster, since my legs don't feel so exhausted. Good luck!

Archived