Forums are back in action! ×

Doug

Artinum

Just a brief "hurrah!" to Steve for mentioning this show. I remember watching this years ago - sometimes when I mention TV programmes from my youth to people they look at me like I'm making them up. It doesn't help that my partner is about five years older than me, so we saw completely different children's television.

So yay for Doug!

What other wonderful programmes do you all remember? I'm surprised Hollywood haven't remade Thundercats into a film yet, myself. Unless you count Avatar.

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/

Ahh Doug. That was a good era for tv :)

Rocko's Modern Life

Angry Beavers

Aaahh! Real Monsters

Ren & Stimpy

Oh my goodness, I need to start watching these again

Level 3 Timelord Ranger

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

STR: 10 | DEX: 7 | STA: 11.5 | CON: 6.5 | WIS: 5.75 | CHA: 2.25

Challenge

1 2 3

"The thing is, Adam, time travel is like visiting Paris. You can't just read the guide book. You've got to throw yourself in, eat the food, use the wrong verbs, get charged double and end up kissing complete strangers - or is that just me? Stop asking questions. Go and do it!"

"Don't ever judge me by your standards."

Doug was a definite favorite!

Ahh! Real Monsters

Hey Arnold!

Angry Beavers

And I vaguely remember some from my earlier childhood like Top Cat. Doug is the show I remember most from my childhood though.

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that leads to total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain." -Frank Herbert, Dune

I remember the Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles. Saw a couple of episodes a few years ago and it's surprising how clever the writing was - in one, Donatello quips that if they don't hurry up it'll become a two part episode, but my favourite is Shredder's description of Krang's latest device. "What are you telling me for?" asks Krang. "I invented it!" "I wasn't explaining to you," replies Shredder. "I was explaining to them!" (points at us!)

Guest Snake McClain

i was always a big fan of Danger Mouse. NO one knows who that is it seems, Artinum might as he's from the uk and it was an english cartoon. Danger Mouse was my model for a pro wrestler. No non-sense, gets the job done type. Wears an eye patch and when asked why, he says "it's part of the outfit."

genius.

Oh! Darkwing Duck! And Tailspin! Now the memories are coming back.

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that leads to total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain." -Frank Herbert, Dune

That post made me very nostalgic for my old Nick Toons. Doug was a favorite, and someone I related with an awful lot during my childhood. I love the toons everyone else mentioned, but must add "Batman: The Animated Series," which was my favorite when I was a wee-lad. I feel sorry for today's children, as cartoons of the past were certainly higher quality. I got a few of my little cousins into "Hey, Arnold" recently (on NetFlix!), and am beyond stoked about this.

My blog ---> www.thewallenway.com

I know danger mouse. lol prety much all of those. plus at 6 i was watching Freddy Kruger so it is prolly why i am so messed up

lvl 1Half Orc Ranger

STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | CON: 4 | STA: 1 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We are Rangers.

We walk in the dark places no others will enter.

We stand on the bridge, and no one may pass.

First Challenge

http://www.nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?17992-Shagy-s-Pull-head-out-of-_______

i was always a big fan of Danger Mouse. NO one knows who that is it seems, Artinum might as he's from the uk and it was an english cartoon. Danger Mouse was my model for a pro wrestler. No non-sense, gets the job done type. Wears an eye patch and when asked why, he says "it's part of the outfit."

genius.

Oo 'eck, DM! I remember Dangermouse (voiced by David Jason, better known in his role as Delboy in "Only Fools and Horses". Good grief!) He lived/was based under a postbox in London and had a flying yellow car. I can do a passable impression of Baron Greenback...

...and I think I've just lost 90% of the readership. Oh well.

Duck tails tailspin tmnt darkwing duck all that jazz I didn't have cable till I was 20 (poor) so I don't know any of those nickelodeon (sp?) shows lol

All your base are belong to us...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

JakSavage

Level 2 Half-Dragon Ranger

STR:6 DEX:5 STA:5 CON:3 WIS:4 CHA:3

All your specs are belong to us!

Oh Alex Mac - I loved that show! Doug was huge favourite, and so was Rugrats.

Did anyone watch... I think it was just called 'Gargoyles'?. These gargoyles that were stone during the day but came alive at night and they had a friend who was a lady police officer? And then she got shot? And then they went back in time? And She fell in love with the main gargoyle? oooooh....I never missed an episode, I loved it so much.

Warrior Princess
Eating Psychology Coach

Adventure's Guild Challenge winner: Challenge #24

â•‘ Live the Whole  â•‘ Bucket List â•‘Level up my Lifeâ•‘ 

"Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Every day you're alive is a special occasion."

Heh. Buncha dang kids around here. I grew up on 'Land of the Lost', 'Speed Racer', 'Shazam!' and reruns of 'The Monkees' and 'Batman'. I even remember the original 'Electric Company' on PBS, with Morgan Freeman as Easy Reader.

"Doug', he says. Feh. Kids these days. :-)

"If you get into trouble, you can always eat something, blow something up, or throw penguins." - Jim Henson

Oh! Darkwing Duck! And Tailspin! Now the memories are coming back.

Darkwing Duck had one of the coolest cartoon intro songs ever. IMO. It's between that and Doug for me for opening songs...

I had an unhealthy obsession for TMNT when I was a kid...oh and SWAT Cats. That show rocked my face!

Oh and whoever said SNICK yeah that was pretty sweet. Does anyone remember Wet Wild and Crazy Kids?? I used to love that show too.

Reach your limits and then surpass them.

Blindasutsutsu
My Current Challenge:
Class: Ranger
Race: Human
STR:13.5 DEX:8.5 STA: 10.5 CON:6 WIS:5 CHA:6.5

Archived