Forums are back in action! ×

Time to finally stop procrastinating

Hi im Fae. A few weeks ago I was hanging out with some stupid boys (dont ask me why) and they were watching youtube videos of people doing parkour, and even though I dont usually pay attention to what the stupid boys do, I was intriuged. They tried to do wall runs outside and ended up just falling on their butts. when I got home I did my own research on parkour and found nerdfitness. I want to do parkour but I'm not really strong enough yet so I'm going to work on being stronger (I dont want to fall on my butt like they did!). My goal for now is to be able to do all the parkour moves (except the backflip thingy if that even counts as parkour) that Link uses in Skyward Sword by my next birthday, which is in March.

any suggestions on workout routines to get started with would be appreciated.

Well you need to have a fairly high level of fitness to be able to become a traucer. What is your current level of fitness? Can you run 5km? Endurance and the ability to move quickly is very important. Flexibility is important too so make sure you stretch a lot. I suggest looking into joining a martial arts gym or a yoga studio as either one of those will whip you into the sort of shape you'll need to fulfill your dream. If that isn't an option than focus on balance, flexibility, and body weight exercises. Work your way up to things such as hand stand pushups. Your biggest hurdle to overcome will be to put in all the training but it's worth it in the long run. Also never practice Parkour alone as it can be dangerous and it's always good to have someone on site to offer assistance or get you medical help should you need it.

Cheers

-V

Welcome!!! Good on you for taking the first step and knowing your goal!!

Verin has good info, and there's a ton more information around the boards that will help you figure out where to start--if you haven't already, check out this forum http://www.nerdfitness.com/community/forumdisplay.php?135-Assassin-s-Den-(Bodyweight-Gymnastics-Parkour) There are definitely other rebels with the same experience and/or fitness level as you, so explore and feel free to ask questions :)

Archived