Forums are back in action! ×

New swiss rebel!

Hi guys!

I'm a new out-of-shape rebel. I start for the nth time gym again. I'm not a n00b but a beginner with some experience already, I know how my body reacts such that I know when to stop or when I can push myself further.

I play some Ice hockey during winter and stopped doing sports at the end of previous season, so now I'm kind of not ready for the beginning of the new one. I found lazy-guy excuses not to go to the gym since mid March.

I also sleep 9-10 hours everyday and fell out of energy in the morning. I can really say that I have bad momentum right now.

I used to spend 2 hours at the gym exercising every muscle on its own. I didn't like that because it was really time consuming and during breaks I really think to myself, there should be a way not to wait that much between exercices... So after a while, especially because I changed country 3 times in 2 years, I quit the gym and loose slowly all I gained.

But I decided that I want that to change. I know how good it feels to be energized by doing some sports, it's so relaxing to give everything during a workout/training,... and to put away all the bad things of the day. I want good Momentum back.

I love pushing myself to the limit for small time period (i.e. doing intervals like hockey shifts).

So I really feel good doing strength training with a lot of intensity, doing circuits with shortest break as possible.

My goals are, by Christmas:

- do 2 pull-ups

- 30 push-ups at once

- 80 kg squats

- fell happy because of my new habits and thus more confident

My program:

- twice a week at the gym

- one hockey practice/training a week

- one hockey game

During the workout, I will focus on: (mostly the beginner bodyweight circuit)

- squats

- lunges

- dip

- assisted pull ups (and also negative)

- dumbbell rows

- push-ups

- inverted rows

- intervals!

In my opinion, the hardest element to change for me will be the diet. I love sweets.

I decided to move slowly towards Paleo.

I decided to stop drinking soda, except on week-end evenings. I decided to stop candies and chocolate (for a swiss guy, this last one is though...)

I decided to eat eggs for breakfast instead of cereals with milk (still looking for other receipt)

FlashCH

P.S.: I found the Bear complexe exercice somewhere in a topic over here, I tried it and loved it! So complete and intense! Will also incorporate this to my training when gym is overcrowded.

FlashCH, level 1, RangersSTR 3|DEX 2|STA 1|CON 3|WIS 4|CHA 2FlashCH battle logMy goal:

"Men sana in corpore sano", a healthy Soul in a healthy Body

Archived