Forums are back in action! ×

Hey hey!

Hey All, I've got no idea where to start so I'm just gonna dive in:

For as long as I can remember, I've been super light, and at this point I'm underweight, with a bmi of 18.5. Last year I tried to get my weight up the wrong way, I ate a ton of unhealthy food, drank pop, and overate at almost every meal. Obviously NOT the right way to do it, and I only put on 2 lbs..

This year, I'm trying both to gain some healthy weight and become more healthy overall. A lot of that stems from being a coxswain on my university's rowing team, I'm the one unfit person on the team, and I'm surrounded by high performance athletes. During the winter a lot of time is spent doing training on land/in the gym, and I want to be able to do some of the workouts with them.

So far I've started the couch to 5k (I know, I know, running isn't good if I want to gain weight, but I really want to be able to do some workouts with my rowers, and that means being able to run..) as well as the angry birds workout. I've also started counting calories and have been trying to eat foods that are dense in calories (eggs, yogurt, peanut butter, etc.)

As a female, a lot of people don't understand why I want to gain weight, and its nearly impossible to find any helpful information. Any helpful hits would be really amazing!

Lvl 1 Elf

STR: 1 | DEX: 1 | STA: 1 | CON: 2 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Check out tuna, eggs, and ground beef (as recommended by the Reddit Guide to Fitness). From my personal experience, these things are a good way to gain weight and also feel satisfied at the same time. You might also want to try the GOMAD (Gallon of Milk a Day) diet, a diet which functions exactly as the name implies, to help build some weight, and combine that with strength training to get the most of that. I recommend you start off slowly with GOMAD--do not try to drink it all at once--by starting with a 1/4 of a gallon a day, and gradually working your way up from there. You can google GOMAD for more specific info, but that would be a good place to start.

Archived