Forums are back in action! ×

=D Hello!

Hey all. I'm Sas, and I've been reading a lot of the NF blog posts and fitness related material in general for the past couple months now and I think I'm actually ready to commit. =) I started college last week, so, with the access of a gym I feel like it's an actual possibility to get into great shape. I'm currently 18, 5'2 and I weigh around 113. I'm certainly not looking to lose weight but I'd really like to get stronger. I ran the Green Bay half marathon in May, and that was the best shape I had ever been in. I just personally think I wasn't really meant to run long distances and that I'm built more for power. =) The only thing I'm really concerned about is using the free weights and looking like a complete fool in front of the other students. Hopefully my embarrassment passes quickly though, because I'm so ready to do this. I haven't ran since my marathon but I do really enjoy rollerblading, jump roping, and rock climbing in my free time for exercise.

Actually, the day before my marathon they were airing Crossfit on TV and I sat and watched a few minutes and decided that I wanted to be like them. I had never seen Crossfit before and it blew my mind that girls could look so normal and be so powerful (I was used to the she-hulks :P). Hopefully I can workout for a few years and start doing Crossfit!

Thanks guys, wish me luck. =)

(I bought a NF shirt, so this means I have to get in shape now, right?)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Warrior in training!

Archived