Forums are back in action! ×

Hi All,

As per some of the earlier posts, I've never introduced myself on a forum before, but NF is just...me.

I only found the website a few days ago but I'm already excited about reading through some of the workouts, forums, etc.

My name is Mike, I'm 26 and live in NYC. I'm getting married next July, and that's what prompted my search to get in shape. I'd like to be at 250 pounds for my wedding, and I'm currently floating around 319. My fiance and I are currently on Weight Watchers, but I needed something extra, considering I'm the only guy at each meeting, and Sarah (fiance) and I are the only people under 30. I also have a level 60 Monk in Diablo 3, and a level 85 in WoW, so NerdFitness seems to be a perfect fit!

I'm looking forward to being an active member of the NF community, and to reach my first goal of 299 pounds.

I'm deciding on whether or not to try the Paleo diet, as it could fit in with Weight Watchers, and I wanted to see if anyone had any success stories, or thoughts on whether or not it's a good place to start.

Thank you in advance!

Mikey,

The Paleo diet is solid, but make sure it's a diet you can follow for the long-term. Do you have many bad diet habits currently? If so, I'd suggest starting slowly--perhaps weeding out one bad habit per week--before following a difficult and strict plan. When I was a weight-loss n00b, I made the mistake of trying to do too much at once, which overwhelmed me. I had to reevaluate and make changes slowly to build the discipline necessary for a strict plan. I wish you the best!

My blog ---> www.thewallenway.com

Yeah I'm with Daniel, it's a great diet but it can be kinda hard to just jump into. I'd definitely recommend easing into it. Breakfast is always my problem because I only have crappy foods in the house so I eat paleo for lunch and dinner. My results haven't been as great as they could be, but it's made it a lot easier to ween myself off of fast food and bad eating habits.

The body is just a vehicle for the soul...

I wanna build a racecar!

LV. 4 Lycan Assassin STR: STA: 10CON: 8.25  WIS: 5CHA: 4.5   DEX: 3.50

Past Challenges: {1} {2} {3}

Archived