Forums are back in action! ×

Reporting for Duty!

Hey howdy!

Ok, here's the skinny. I'm a born and raised Charlestonian (SC, not WV) who went to college in NC and then worked for less than a year as a police officer in NC. I learned a lot about myself and have discovered that I want to go back to doing chemistry so I am pursuing a new career. But, in my 25 years on this big ball we call home I have gained a variety of experience. God has graced me with learning the basics of sailing, horseback riding (western and dressage), cycling, golf, rock climbing, cross fit, adapting workouts to all kinds of people. As for my plan? Well I'm kinda winging it right now, but I do a high impact cardio fitness class once a week now and want to get my fitness level back up to where it was when I was in the police academy. I'd like to drop some weigh, trim down and put on some good muscle again.

-KI4WLG

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyways." -John Wayne

Rev. 22:1-4

-RescuedRuckus

Don't Give Up the Ship

You're here! Yay!

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that leads to total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain." -Frank Herbert, Dune

Thanks Porkins! Which part, the quote or the verse or both?

To answer the cooking question I love to cook anything. There really isn't anything I can think of that I don't like to cook. I recently started making my own sushi, I've got a pretty good salsa recipe, and I love figuring out how to make recipes work better for those of us who are limited by small kitchens :) So if you have cooking questions lemme know!

-RescuedRuckus

Don't Give Up the Ship

Both. The Duke and The Good Book? What's not to love?

I have been dying to roll my own sushi, I just haven't had the time to invest in it. Now that school's done I'll have a bit more of it.

Porkins

Human Adventurer, Star Pilot, and Bacon Aficionado-(Lvl 3)
STR 4.5 | DEX 1.5 | STA 6.5 | CON 9 | WIS 1.75 | CHA 5.75

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try" ~Yoda/ Veritas vos liberabit

1, 2, Current Challenge

Okay, so if you can do the following three things, you can do it easy.

1) Cook rice via a recipe and not burn it. (yes there is a specific recipe for sushi rice)

2) Roll a very tight burrito or mouse sized sleeping bag

3) Cut things with a very sharp knife and not lop off your own digits.

It's insanely easy, I wish I had started earlier! Definitely hit up your local asian supermarket to get all the supplies. Plus they have Pocky!!!

-RescuedRuckus

Don't Give Up the Ship

Haha, um..... the one with the fish in it? Sorry, following recipes is something I've never been too incredibly good at. I end up getting random ingredients and putting them together. Usually works out pretty well, but I've definitely had my share of "well I'm not doing that again..." The only roll I have made so far is a grouper cucumber roll. I marinated the grouper in teriyaki sauce and then broiled it. Shredded the grouper then added it in the roll. Haven't gotten to the point of using raw fish as I wouldn't use it all in one go and I'd be concerned about the health safety after the first day of keeping it raw.

-RescuedRuckus

Don't Give Up the Ship

Archived