Forums are back in action! ×

De-Lurking...

Guess I should get this part out of the way sometime... I've been in lurk mode for the past couple of weeks. All I have to say is that this is one hell of supportive community! Haven't quite figured out ALL of my goals yet but it'll come soon.

My name is Amanda. Originally from Atlanta and am currently in Columbus, GA with my husband and 10 month old son. I've always wanted to lose weight and get in better shape (and failed miserably...) I had a somewhat complicated pregnancy and gained around 70 pounds. So far I've lost the baby weight and now am at 198 pounds. Hoping to lose about 50 more. I've been running mostly and doing Weight Watchers since May but that's getting incredibly boring. I've been researching going Paleo but so far haven't taken the plunge. Although I've been fairly successful with Weight Watchers (lost 30 pounds so far), I just don't think it's for me. It's exhausting obsessing over every "point" that I eat... I can definitely see myself getting too obsessed with the number on the scale and I don't want to go down that road.

Running has been fun and I recently ran my first mile without stopping!!! WOOO! I've always been curious about lifting but have been downright intimidated. I'll just have to get over it.

My son deserves a mom that is healthy and happy. And I want him to learn to be active. I don't want to be one of those "do as I say and not as I do" parents. Also, if I am successful with lifting and actually do the Paleo switchover, my husband may join me and I won't be alone in this anymore...

Okay... so here goes!!!

Archived