Forums are back in action! ×

Hi everyone!

I've decided I want to get into fitness for realsy-reals, instead of the whole I-feel-guilty-so-I'll-go-running-for-a-while-but-then-get-distracted mess.

I'm 5'4", 26, and I went from something like 125lbs to 170lbs over the course of two years. Medication (idiot psychiatrist tried to convince me that the weight gain wasn't an issue, rather I just had some kind of body dysmorphia), depression, and a recently-diagnosed thyroid disorder have all contributed to the weight gain, but I feel I finally have all those things under maintenance and it's time to do some damage control. So I think what I need is a good push and some support to keep up my momentum and finally change my habits for the better.

So excited to have found this community!

Traviata

Hiya! You've prolly seen it around, but weight loss is 80% diet. Personally, I've had the best results with a paleo-centric diet (check out Steve's Beginner Guide to the Paleo Diet). It's a little tough to follow (for me at least) because it seems like EVERYTHING has wheat in it and I can't drink beer T-T but it's pretty straightforward and you don't have to count calories or fast for a week or anything like that. We'll be here to high five you when you do well, and to help you up when you don't (and to give you a friendly kick in the butt when you need it :friendly_wink:)

So welcome to the Rebellion!

The body is just a vehicle for the soul...

I wanna build a racecar!

LV. 4 Lycan Assassin STR: STA: 10CON: 8.25  WIS: 5CHA: 4.5   DEX: 3.50

Past Challenges: {1} {2} {3}

Traviata, welcome!  It sounds like you are on the upswing after some trying times.  Personally, depression kicks me to the floor most winters.  I'm glad you feel you are getting it figured out and able to deal.  That's huge.

I look forward to seeing your "for-realsy" goals, and I am glad you are here!  

missrackl

Level 1 Rebel Reboot

Activities: cycling, running, snowshoeing

Fandoms: Rick and Morty, LotR, Thursday Next, Star Wars (of course!)

Goals: 1) Keep on running, 2) Eat on diet, 3) Read a book

Welcome to the rebellion. The advice Warwolf and missrackl have given you is right, diet is very important and setting some real goals are necessary. There are other nerds on the boards with thyroid issues, some of whom check the intro boards regularly, who can give a lot of good advice.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Archived