Forums are back in action! ×

Cramp, same location EVERY TIME

Thrillho

The backs of my legs, just above my knees... hamstrings, according to Google. Funny, I thought those were lower.

Anyways, these cramp up CONSTANTLY, even on days I HAVEN'T worked out, but only if I try to bend my leg fully. I'll be laying in bed, and I'll bend my leg so I can scratch my foot or something, and WHAM, massive cramp that takes several minutes to go away and sometimes causes me to fall out of bed.

I've tried increasing my warmups and cooldowns, I've tried stretching, I've tried anti-inflammatories, I've tried everything. HOW do you keep these muscles from doing that?! Even just sitting in my chair, I'll change position and I can feel it coming on. Getting really annoying.

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

Have you tried foam rolling? Hurts like hell the first few times but eventually the muscle knots get worked out and it feels amazing.

Also, could it be that you need more potassium? I know before I started eating healthy I would get leg cramps from a lot of physical activity, but now I eat a banana every day and I have yet to get cramps. Sore muscles yeah, but no cramping.

As a Diabetic I get cramps like this all the time (Usually lower in the back of the leg, and in the foot). Potassium and Magnesium are def. the best thing for them. After that, I would say proper hydration and stretching. I completely understand the frustration and pain. I once had a charlie horse in my leg that lasted 7 hours (My body wasn't accepting the potassium for some reason)

Also, I like how it is "The Google" :)

I work outdoors in OK where the summers get to be 100+ F most of the time, so I have learned very quickly what to watch out for with hydration and electrolyte balance. One thing that you want to watch for is that you are hydrated. The second, like others have said, bananas for the potassium. Here is another tip though, and this is for everyone really: If you need to replenish your electrolytes quickly, skip the Gatorade and Powerade, and go get a bottle of Pedialyte from the baby care section of the pharmacy/grocery. It has a lot more electrolytes than Gatorade and it is lower in calorie also. Trust me if you have had your system flushed of most of it's salts, this will do wonders for you and you will be able to feel it almost immediately!

Lvl 1 Elven Minotaur Druid
Str: 3 |Dex: 1 |Sta: 4 |Con: 3 |Wis: 2 |Cha: 2

"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty." Capt Malcolm Reynolds

"When you do something, you should burn yourself up completely, like a good bonfire, leaving no trace of yourself", Shunryu Suzuki

"Why do we fall down, Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves up again." Thomas Wayne

My second-ish challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/29825-harness-rebooted/

@Harness, I believe that coconut water is also another source for electrolytes but is a little higher in the calorie count.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 2 Elven Ranger

STR - 7.2 Dex - 2 Sta - 7 Con - 4 Wis - 3 CHA - 4

"Do or Do Not. There is no try."

"Why do we fall sir? So we might learn to pick ourselves up ."

Round 2 - Faster, Stronger, Leaner and more Pious?

Lefeux's Ranger Conquest

Workout Log

Archived