Forums are back in action! ×

New to the cause

I just found NF and I really am in love with the concept. I am a natural person; I prefer natural alternatives to today's medical stuff. I am a massage therapist and I feel like I should be in better shape than I am. I have been round and round with diets and exercise but something always seems to get in my way to stop the progress I make every time. I have always been athletic and I love to sweat (is that weird?). I started working out again. Last night I did the Angry Birds wourkout. I found that to be very eye-opening. I can do tons of squats but cannot do very many knee push-ups. That is sad since I use my upper body for work every single day.

I don't want to get back in shape just because I feel bad about being out of shape but also because my husband has heart disease and watching all of the stuff he has gone thru and continues to go through makes me want to keep my heart healthy even more.

I am happy to find a new community to share this with.

Hello! Don't feel bad about the push-up issue. When I started, I couldn't do one correctly. Now I can do around 25 or 30 without stopping. If you keep yourself motivation and keep bringing it, the progress will come: I promise.

Some family members of mine have similar health conditions, and that has some to do with why I got into diet and exercise as much as I did. Best to stack our odds of avoiding such things as much as we can, I think.

Love to sweat--not weird at all. If I'm not pouring sweat, I'm not working hard enough. In fact, I gauge my workout intensity by how disheveled I look. The more I look like Shaggy afterwards, the harder I brought it :)

One more thing in response the the "round and round": I used to do the same thing. What helped me is making a list of what motivates me--the benefits that would come if I stuck with my diet/exercise plan. I put it on a white-board (so I could add things as I thought of them), and hung it in my bedroom, where I'd see it daily. It did wonders for my compliance and helped me stick with it.

Best wishes in your fitness endeavors!

My blog ---> www.thewallenway.com

Archived