Forums are back in action! ×

Greetings

Hi, was refered here by KI4WLG. Been trying to lose weight since January and have lost 20 pounds so far, want to lose 70 more. I kind of gave up over most of the summer once school was out, but I'm back at it now. I try to do some kind of exercise every day, alternating between walking and strength training on a few days a week, and cardio on the other days. My interests include aquariums, orchids, horses, writing, art, and for the nerd part of it, I play World of Warcraft and dabble in Exalted and Magic the Gathering.

I count calories and as I said, i exercise daily, but seem to lose weight very slowly, despite having a fair ammount of muscle. I'm female, 26, 5'9" tall and currently weigh 250 pounds with medium bone structure. I try to stay around 2000 calories per day, 1800 if I'm unable to exercise for some reason. That should put me at losing about a pound per week, but when I first started back up again a few weeks ago, I lost like 5 pounds in a week and a half, and have been stuck ever since. Trying to decide if I need to drop my calories further, or push myself in exercise more.

"When I can no more stir my soul to move, and life is but the ashes of a fire; When I can but remember that my heart once used to live and love, long and aspire - O be thou then the first, the one thou art; Be thou the calling before all answering love, and in me wake hope, fear, boundless desire." - George MacDonald

Archived