Forums are back in action! ×

First sub-12 minute mile! (+ real pushups, and a deodorant woot)

ook

YES! That's been a goal of mine for a long time, since back when I finished couch to 5k at the end of April. I was running about 15-16 minute miles back then. Then I took a hiatus, ran off and on, made excuses (it's too HOT!), etc etc. I might not make my goal of 10 minutes by the end of the challenge, but hey.

I feel like I definitely run faster and have more endurance at night. I don't know whether it's the heat during the day, or I have more energy, or if it's just an illusion, or what. Too bad the parks close at night so I can't run through them. :( I just figured this out. Anyone else run at night?

But anyway, Woot!

Of course I did it for the fitocracy quest. :P

ALSO, another woot, 2 weeks ago I could do about 2 and a half real pushups. So I started doing incline pushups on a low incline (so I could do only about 5 good ones. I wanted to try the 3x5 method) every other day for the past 2 weeks. Last night, just for kicks I decided to see if I've progressed at all. Got down on the ground to crank out a set of real push ups. I did 5! :o

I waited a few minutes, got down and did another set, paying extra attention to form to make sure it wasn't a fluke. Nope, I did 5 again!

WOW I got strong fast.

Also, this is not a fitness-related woot, but since I've started using a different brand of deodorant (Irish Spring Legendary Classic) I've gotten three comments that I smell good. Two from girls, one from a guy (I am a guy). I'd never gotten that before. woot? O.o

[sIGPIC]On the road of experience...[/sIGPIC]

ook

"Let's go walking you and me"

Woot on the running! That is awesome. I know that night running generally felt easier for me during the summer months - without the heat stressing out the system, it's just easier to get moving, you know? As winter gets closer, though, you may find yourself preferring to run in the daytime if you can manage it.

Congratulations again! And remember, it gets better from here.

Archived