Forums are back in action! ×

c25k questions

Lefeux

Did day 1 of the C25k program for the tread mill. Was not as challenging as I expected. I was doing the walk at 2 mph (30 min miles) and the jog at 4 mph (15 minute miles). I did the last round of running at 6 mph (10 minutes per mile) and the walk at 4 mph. I will give it two more workouts at this pace before adjusting the speeds. I usually do 35-45 minutes on the elliptical machine 3 times a week. Has anyone else had this problem or issue? I haven't done any running since fall of 2007 when I was running 10 minute miles (very unsat for the Army). I will look to adjust the speeds next week.

Just looking for suggestions

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 2 Elven Ranger

STR - 7.2 Dex - 2 Sta - 7 Con - 4 Wis - 3 CHA - 4

"Do or Do Not. There is no try."

"Why do we fall sir? So we might learn to pick ourselves up ."

Round 2 - Faster, Stronger, Leaner and more Pious?

Lefeux's Ranger Conquest

Workout Log

If you were walking at the end as fast as you were running at the start you could start faster.

Make small adjustments though. I wouldn't start more than .5MPH faster than your last run and if it feels easy again just get faster at the end of the run (like you did). It's better to get faster as you go then have to slow down because you started too fast.

Another option would be to not start faster. For the whole program. Just do what you did and get faster towards the end of the run. If you feel really good one day then speed up sooner, or faster.

Both options will give you pretty much the same results

To find piece with myself
I must first find a piece of myself

I was thinking something along that lines. I intend to do it twice more this week to make sure that last night wasn't a fluke or something. I will likely adjust the speeds next week. The last bit of running at 10 min miles is where I want to be able to finish the 3.2k at (32 min) and then bring it down to 8 min miles or better.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 2 Elven Ranger

Lefeux's Ranger Conquest

Workout Log

I started this today, but I went and jumped in at the "week 5" level. Not to bad today, walked @ 3.5mph and ran at 6.5mph. I'll do it again tomm and maybe friday. Then I'll up it to 4 & 7 or tweek w/ times.

"A sharp knife is nothing without a sharp eye" - Koloth

"Ya can't grill it until ya kill it" - Uncle Ted

"If it ain't Metal...IT'S CRAP!!!" - Dee Snider

my calves are still a little sore today and combined with a unrestful night (helicopters and booms) I decided to take the day off (which works out since I worked out yesterday on my off day) and relax and do some stretching routines for my calves and then see about going at it again tomorrow.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 2 Elven Ranger

Lefeux's Ranger Conquest

Workout Log

Archived