Forums are back in action! ×

NeW Rebel

Hi all,

I've been linked to this site a few times, and came to lurking now and then, and I feel it will be a good fit for me. I'm here to continue my fitness journey rather than start it. I enjoy weightlifting, as my fiance is big into it and started training me years ago. I've never really been consistent with it, but it has helped me to get where I am today.

Long story short, I started my journey at the end of high school at 240lbs, 5'8", size 18 pants and yo-yo dieted a lot. I got down to 170 a year and a half ago but an injury squatting stopped me and I gained back to 218 in March because of terrible dieting habits. I cried, a lot... and I never want to see that again. Hopefully you guys can help on that front. So I have been working my butt off with more effort in the gym than the diet and I have been stuck at 177 for a few weeks now. I'm not complaining, because I know my diet needs to get in line, but it is frustrating. I know what to do, I just need my butt kicked.

My ultimate, head in the clouds dream, is to be able to compete as a figure athlete or at the very least a weightlifting competition. My lifts suck in my current weight class, but if I can keep my lifts and get down to my goal of 150lbs I wouldn't be as embarrassed to get on a platform.

I look forward to joining the fight for the rebel cause. ^-^

LVL 3 Animagus Ranger
STR: 8.8 | DEX: 5.6 | STA: 6.25 | CON:8.55 | WIS: 6 | CH: 6

"Today is not tomorrow." -Unknown
Third Challenge: Victorious Valentine
Current Maxes(Female 160lb bwt): OHP 110x2, Squat 265x1, DL 275x1 , BP 140x1

Never forget that Big Audacious Goal. Mine is to look like a Calvin Klein model. When I don't feel like working out, I forcefully remind myself of my BAG. It does wonders for compliance. It sounds like you have made great strides in progress! Good work. Keep it up. What is your diet like? Have you considered maybe a paleo or intermittent fasting plan? That could help you blow past your current weight. Best wishes to you.

My blog ---> www.thewallenway.com

I second DW - your goal is not impossible! Every little step puts you closer to achieving it. Also agree re: diet. You'll see around here that people say diet is 80% success/failure on your goals...at LEAST 80%. I know I personally have seen a major difference since getting my diet as focused as my workouts. I eat primal and I feel so far that's the best lifestyle to fuel both my endurance and strength-training workouts. For diet, you'll find a lot of helpful info (and a lot of different nutritional lifestyles) in the specialty forums. Welcome to NF! Glad to have you. :)

Archived