Forums are back in action! ×

Makes ya think twice...

Jaksavage

The image posted is certainly making some broad generalisations. For example, "textiles" are made from many other things besides cow hair - that's certainly not ubiquitous in the textile making process. Some medicines may be derived from cow fat, that doesn't mean *all* medicines contain cow fat. Etc.

You beat me to it. Weak set theory is weak.

Gloaty meat propaganda is frankly boring. Yeah, yeah, big caveman, big swingin' balls, mastodon steak. A real big man also knows not to be a dick.

You beat me to it. Weak set theory is weak.

Gloaty meat propaganda is frankly boring. Yeah, yeah, big caveman, big swingin' balls, mastodon steak. A real big man also knows not to be a dick.

Umadbro?

All your base are belong to us...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

JakSavage

Level 2 Half-Dragon Ranger

STR:6 DEX:5 STA:5 CON:3 WIS:4 CHA:3

All your specs are belong to us!

:what:

All your base are belong to us...

There are vegans on these forums too. The internet doesn't need another Paleo/Carnivore versus Vegan war-thread.

"Restlessness is discontent - and discontent is the first necessity of progress. Show me a thoroughly satisfied man-and I will show you a failure." -Thomas Edison

Admittedly interesting pic in that it points out how difficult being serious can be; good to hear that there are many vegans who are aware of this. Not my cup of tea, and I tend to joke about them with friends, but I do admire vegans for dedicating themselves to a principle (with my same... disdain of zealots as for any other principle.) Also agree that it is nice to see that the cow is put to good use! =P

Honestly, and this'll probably be slightly iconoclastic here at NF, but I think so long as people know the weaknesses of how they eat, how to counter those, and are comfortable with their eating habits, then let them eat whatever diet, or, heck, lack thereof, they want. Honestly if someone wants to eat doughnuts all day... I am positive there are ways to do it and not be completely self-destructing. Even when intaking things that don't really belong, the human body seems to have a fascinating capacity like that.

Although I'll admit if I were to pick one diet for everyone in the world because it actually works and is better, it'd be paleo/primal. But, for example, you'd be surprised (or not) how hard a a time part time worker, full time college student with no access to any real instruments of cooking and poor quality food services has finding a way to eat this way...

Race: Human

Class: Warrior

CAUTION: I am quite prone to random, strange ideas I feel the need to express. You are free to act upon them as you wish. The best option is probably simply ignoring them and just working with what I say that actually has any merit of some kind. Hopefully fair warning.

Well, the conclusion is more accurately: Wow, cows are used in a wide variety of products. But that isn't divisive.

I think it's interesting. When it comes to cows, we're not as wasteful as I've thought. That is a positive. Also, more use of animal products means less use of potentially toxic man made products.

Guest Snake McClain
in all fairness, i'm sure there are posts in vegan threads about how ubiquitous animal products are, and how to shop "cruelty-free." Personally, as an omnivore, i appreciate the idea of using the whole cow instead of just its meat.

agreed. there are. my...sort of lady friend...is vegan (except fish) and she goes terribly out of her way to find this stuff.

Archived