Forums are back in action! ×

First five lbs down!

knopfler

First five lbs down since posting http://www.nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?17091-n00b-here-redefining-the-word-n00b-Srsly, or actually since a couple days after I posted. That's, like, a lot given the time, right?

Finding that, for the first time EVAR, since I started doing this modified Paleo stuff (I still have dairy and wine, as I am not superhuman and if being healthy means no wine, I don't want to be healthy), I'm not perpetually hungry. I've always been perpetually hungry. I'm not now. It's wild. I have no concept.

I WANT ALL TEH THINGS.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.

- Earl Weaver

Congrats!!

I follow modified paleo now too (mostly Primal, lets me have my weekend wine, a little cheese, and some dark choc) and I can TOTALLY relate to the not-hungry-all-the-time thing. I's amazing to get healthy/lose weight without feeling the slightest blip of deprivation. I also dropped a tidy number of lbs when I first made the switch, and it is a great feeling. My weight loss has tapered some but I am happy with that as I feel like I am more informed about what's actually happening (building muscle, burning off fat, not stuffing my cells with the chemical results of high-carb eating, etc.). I am reading "The Primal Blueprint" by Mark Sisson right now (literally, right now...I just popped online to take a little break before starting Chapter 4 :)) and I am hooked on this book. So far he has answered some big questions, alleviated some big fears, and given me some new ideas for how to do the primal lifestyle in my own life. If you haven't read that book yet, I totes recommend it!!

Keep up the AWESOME work!! :)

AWESOME!!! Congratulations!

Lvl 1 Elven Minotaur Druid
Str: 3 |Dex: 1 |Sta: 4 |Con: 3 |Wis: 2 |Cha: 2

"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty." Capt Malcolm Reynolds

"When you do something, you should burn yourself up completely, like a good bonfire, leaving no trace of yourself", Shunryu Suzuki

"Why do we fall down, Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves up again." Thomas Wayne

My second-ish challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/29825-harness-rebooted/

Archived