Forums are back in action! ×

A day of woots, indeed

Thilde

Start off the day by making primal blueberry pancakes (grain/sugar-free, used almond flour) for the first time...this was my first attempt making anything "primal-ized" (in other words, my first time in 5wks cooking anything besides meat, veg, fruit, nuts/seeds in their original forms). Had never used almond flour before, either. The pancakes were AWESOME.

Then, leveled up my life by playing the inaugural round of "Elder Sign" with J; I am an avid TableTop fan and this was the first game from the show that we purchased. We lost miserably to Nyarlathotep (or, as I took to calling him, the Narcoleptic Neanderthal, because I couldn't pronounce his actual name), but it was a blast and we're stoked to play again. I totally consider this a step upward in living the awesome life.

And, finally told one person in my family that I'm a practicing Buddhist. I know I just sorta threw this in here at the end, but it's kindof been a big (painful) deal for me for the past 3 years. My parents and brothers/sisters-in-law are devout evangelical Christians and some of them have a history of, how shall I say, struggling to keep their minds open? I love them all dearly and I'd never wish to change who they are, but at the same time parts of who they are want people like me (Buddhists) to disappear or convert. Kindof a tough spot to be in. So I had not told them about this part of my life, until I finally got up the courage (or just plain got so mentally exhausted that I couldn't live with the gnawing hurt anymore), and told one person in my family, my sister-in-law who is likely to be the most supportive. This is a huge step for me. We'll see what happens from this point...I hope to get up the courage to just tell all of them at last, and do the best I can to deal with whatever comes next.

Also, saw Premium Rush today...loved it even more than I expected to. Really fun, well-done flick. Makes me want to get back on my fixie and hit the streets again (though I will most definitely be keeping my brakes attached!). :)

Archived