Forums are back in action! ×

Totally new to this.

INTRODUCTION:

Hey everyone, my names Noah and I'm currently a freshman in highschool. I have been wanting to lose around 10-20 pounds or maybe MORE for a few months now but life just really seems to get in the way at this age. I was hoping some people could post some ids for workouts I could try out.

Now, just to be clear, I'm not obese, as far as my BMI goes I'm 5'8" and 207 pounds, I have a very large build, not sure my exact shoulder width but I know it's around 3'. I also have a very robust chest. Sense BMI isn't really important I showed get down to the knitty gritty of this topic. I have some pretty obvious fat but it's not overly excessive. I'm probably around a 18-20% on the bodyfat scale. I want to get down to around a 10-15%. I'm turning 15 in 2 months so I figure if I start working out now, sense I'm still growing I will burn fat faster then if I tried later when I'm done growing.

I'm not an "in-active" person. I'm a Boy Scout and I do a lot of hard endurance work such as chopping firewood, hiking, and other activitys such as that. As I said before, I have a sturdy build which I use to my advantage. I just haven't been able to find the balance where I can steadily lose weight while maintaining a normal lifestyle. I also have a fairly large muscle mass already. I do a lot of strenuous work for my parents such as heavy lifting and whatnot. I can easily overpower my friends and my dad/brother in a fight. I deadlifted 175 pounds on my friends weight setup but didn't think much of it.

I have been "chubby" for my whole life, I gradually started to gain weight around 9-10 years old when I was only 3-4 pounds overweight to now when I'm 10-15 pounds overweight. I however don't believe I've gained BMI because I steadily gain weight as my height increases. For example, 3 months ago I was only 5'6" and 204 pounds, now I'm 5'7" and 2-7 pounds.

DIET:

Now, I'm 14 and just starting highschool so I like to eat. However, my parents are already pretty organic savvy. I've never eaten a twinky or hot-pocket in my life and don't intend to (they look disgusting imo). I eat a salad almost once every 1-2 days straight from our garden. I do however load it up with ranch dressing. My parents have never had soda, juice, popsickles, ice-cream and whatnot readily available in my house. I have never been much of a desert eater period. (I know it sounds weird but it's true, I don't feel so good after eating deserts.) For example, I'll go to a friends house and when I arrive they might ask "Hey man want a Coke" and I'll say "Yeah why not", that may seem irrelevant now but my point is that if a friend came over all I would have to offer is water or juice that my parents buy frozen and dilute themselves. I would also not have a popsickle or hot pockets to snack on while we're watching a movie. Instead I may have some organic corn tortilla chips and salsa or celery sticks.

Now I know this story probably sounds like complete bullshit coming from a 14 year old, but my parents have always been organic junkys and sort of hippies lmao!! Which I'm very grateful for because I haven't had a SINGLE health issue in my entire life and feel great aside from my extra weight.

PLAN:

Sense I go to school almost all day and have a social life outside of school I don't have much time to try and develop my own workout plan. I was hoping someone with knowledge about working out could give me a sample plan that would be straightforward, I could do in my living room, and wouldn't cost anything. I would have around a 30 minute per day time budget. I have the endurance to do anything, like I said before, I have a strong build, good muscle, and endurance. I also last longer then most people on strenuous activitys.

As far as diet is concerned I'm still only 14 so I don't want a COMPLETE reversal. I still want to enjoy a pizza or burito once in a while. Something I forgot to mention, I'm also primarily vegetatian. I do however eat eggs, salmon, and I can eat any dairy product I want.

I don't really eat breakfast now though, usually I have enough time to take a shower, make myself a lunch, and then when I get home I eat a huge dinner like 3 or 4 hours before bed.

Thanks for reading this and taking the time to help me out guys. This has been a goal of mine for awhile but haven't known how to approach such a daunting task.

Good on you for starting to care about health early on! And it's awesome that your parents are so food-conscious.

I like to use coconut milk and kefir as my smoothie base and add either almond butter and bananas or fresh berries and spinach (sounds gross, but you can't even taste it lol)

For protein shakes, I use Arbonne's protein powder mix as it's vegan and has no preservatives, additives, harmful chemicals, etc. It comes in vanilla and chocolate:)

Hope that helps! And google is your friend when it comes to discovering new healthy recipes. I have gotten almost all my starter Paleo recipes off health blogs and the like.

Good luck, Noah!

Level Three Ranger

STR 3.5 | DEX 4.25 | CON 4.25 | STA 4.25 | WIS 4.5 | CHA 4
STARTING STATS : 199 lb
CURRENT STATS : 191 lb
GOAL STATS : 135 lb

Instagram | Epic Quest

We are not our circumstances. We are our choices.

Archived